Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere I think i have seen where someone has a switch with a picture of a whip or maybe it was a pair of whips etched into or silk screened on the actuator. Anyone know what I am talking about or have any pictures to share?

Thanks
Hayden

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Heres what I had custom made. These switches are sealed and the words light up red like the dash, and when the switch is turned on, the icon lights up green.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Your picture is too dark JR I want to see your masterpiece take another picture a lighter please.:popcorn:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are not any that I have seen before but are not bad looking. The one I think I saw actually had a little flag on it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thank you that's awesome ..are those all UTV Inc products?

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Thank you that's awesome ..are those all UTV Inc products?
All of the Dash plates and bezel is UTV Inc., the switches are from a shop here in California that does allot of custom switches for the Jeep/rock crawler guys for the rubicon.

In regards to what the icon looks like, I chose the symbol on the whip switch, but you can have anything etched into the switches. I have added 3 more switches to the dash since the uploaded pic you see here and had a rock-crawling amber light switch added and a music on/off switch. The only toggle that I have is for the UTV Inc fan override switch.

You can have anything etched as your switch icon and almost any light/led configuration.

Heres the link to the shop I use for my switches;
OTRATTW

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about this

James at OTRATTW is great to work with. He loves his craft and does it well. I just placed an order with him for 6 switches and Rockers that light red all the time and blue when toggled on. He has multiple configurations and switch designes that are not on his web site. Sky is the limit! Give him a call.

Attachments

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
How about this

James at OTRATTW is great to work with. He loves his craft and does it well. I just placed an order with him for 6 switches and Rockers that light red all the time and blue when toggled on. He has multiple configurations and switch designes that are not on his web site. Sky is the limit! Give him a call.
Damn, he finally got the blue LEDs worked out??? When I ordered my switches, he was still working on the blue/red lighted switches but they hadn't rolled out yet. Post a pic when you get them installed and wired up.

I second the props regarding James. Hes awesome and passionate about his work. Ive ordered more than 15 custom switches from him and he ALWAYS gets them right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about this

Damn, he finally got the blue LEDs worked out??? When I ordered my switches, he was still working on the blue/red lighted switches but they hadn't rolled out yet. Post a pic when you get them installed and wired up.

I second the props regarding James. Hes awesome and passionate about his work. Ive ordered more than 15 custom switches from him and he ALWAYS gets them right.
James did say the blues were too bright for overhead switches, next to your head. He says it lights up the cab of a Jeep like daytime. He did say it should not be to much of a distraction lower down on a dash of a RZR and as long as the blue isnt on full time. He did say something about dimmers but quickly got over my schooling. :)

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
How about this

James did say the blues were too bright for overhead switches, next to your head. He says it lights up the cab of a Jeep like daytime. He did say it should not be to much of a distraction lower down on a dash of a RZR and as long as the blue isnt on full time. He did say something about dimmers but quickly got over my schooling. :)
lol, well, as you know, im sure the switches are gonna be awesome. Im dying to se what the blue led looks like in the dark!

jr

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have already ordered 8 switches from Jim @ OTRATTW and that's the first place I went in my search for the perfect whip switch. He sent me a pic of that same switch but I don't think I like that one very much. I am wanting something that has the whip at a slight rearward angle and a smaller flag. I swear I have seen one before and I can only assume it was on this site.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts