Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my homemade cylindrical enclosed subwoofer non ported and under roof mount amp :popcorn:

10" pvc sewer drain pipe cut to the specs that is described for the subwoofer to be installed. For this Kenwood 10" 1000 watt subwoofer, for the proper frequency response the math on the depth of the pipe came out to any where between 14"(for tight response) and "20(for a deeper response), I chose 17" right in the middle. Then I used some 1/2" mdf to seal one end of the pipe with some caulking. drilled hole through the pipe into the mdf and pinned the wood with small brad nails. Next I cut a half inch circle out of the mdf and fit up on the other side of the pipe, caulk, drilled and pinned the mdf to the inside of the pipe. Waited overnight for the caulk to dry, sanded the pipe and painted it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice job!! let us know how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I used a hard piece of pine 1"x10"x4' to mount the amp the roll cage using u bolts. I have to give credit to someone else here on the forum for this though. I cut the wood to the shape of the roof and painted it black.
I put rubber stoppers in between the amp and the wood to help with any vibration
The amp is a JBL 600 watt, I have 2 channels bridged for the subwoofer and the other left and right for the wake tower speakers.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To top it off I installed a deck with sirius satellite in a marine deck encloser under the dash.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Where are you putting the sub? Just in the box?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bottom of encloser. I mounted the encloser to the roll cage using pipe clamps.

Attachments

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Cool Idea man!! :popcorn:.. The 600 watt runs it all? Does this require an extra battery? Im kinda dumb to this kinda stuff but would like to build myself something in the near future

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool Idea man!! :popcorn:.. The 600 watt runs it all? Does this require an extra battery? Im kinda dumb to this kinda stuff but would like to build myself something in the near future
the 600 runs it all!!!! i have the front channel bridged for the subwoofer and the rear channel seperate for left and right tower speakers. it bumps and sounds good at the same time. my local battery store said that the polaris battery being a 26 amp hr that its a huge a battery and would have no problem running that amp. Just dont run it when your rzr is off and you are deep in the woods. lol
on another note I found that after figuring out my fave channels on sirius. i just set the volume and go anywhere i want.

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump for other guy looking for sub enclosure

·
Registered
442 Posts
the 600 runs it all!!!! i have the front channel bridged for the subwoofer and the rear channel seperate for left and right tower speakers. it bumps and sounds good at the same time. my local battery store said that the polaris battery being a 26 amp hr that its a huge a battery and would have no problem running that amp. Just dont run it when your rzr is off and you are deep in the woods. lol
on another note I found that after figuring out my fave channels on sirius. i just set the volume and go anywhere i want.
I know this old but the popo battery a/h rating is no where close to that

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
very nice but one suggestion...reconsider the u-bolts sticking down. the little plastic caps wont keep the ends of those babys from sticking into your skull in a wreck

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very nice but one suggestion...reconsider the u-bolts sticking down. the little plastic caps wont keep the ends of those babys from sticking into your skull in a wreck
Thought about that. California now requires ohv passengers and drivers to wear helmets. I guess I could cut the bolts down to the nut

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thought about that. California now requires ohv passengers and drivers to wear helmets. I guess I could cut the bolts down to the nut
I faced mine up, they go thru the roof. I sealed where they go thru the roof, used lock and blue loc tite, cut the bolts almost flush with the nut and painted them black. You have to look to notice them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts