Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a custom cage consider using the Highlifter snorkel intakes as a replacement? Can anyone give me a part number on these parts also?
thanks,

brent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys need help. Has anyone used the highlifter snorkel kit on their rs1? I have a chance at buying one extremely cheap but dont want to waste the money if it wont work

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cant help with that. I have a custom cage but used PVC to replace the factory tubes.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Not really sure if anything you buy off the shelf will for sure work with a aftermarket cage. It's kinda a trial and error deal. I had hmf racing build my cage and then we just custom made some intakes. I know the factory intakes would not work with my cage and I'm pretty sure most others will be the same.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The factory intakes are adaptable to the Houser Cage. Tabs are welded to the cage but you may have to shorten the plastic a little, not positive. I saw the cage first hand and they definitely did fit though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Houser cage (which i love) and the factory setup fit... no trimming or anything!
Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Only thing I don't like about the houser cage is it just looks weird. But that's just personal preference. I do like that it comes with a roof because that's normally a big one with aftermarket cages is finding a roof that fits. I think they are overpriced as well. You can have a cage custom built with powder for a grand or less. And then have it setup how you want it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Look at the Warrior risers. That's what I used for the clutch snorkel on mine and going to do the same with the intakes. Bad design on Polaris's part in my opinion. Could have at least had frogskin on the intake to keep dust out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts