Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a 2018 RZR 900 Trail that we purchased used in April of 2020 with 1100 miles on it. We are out traveling right now and I expect that by the end of the month we will have 6500 miles on the machine. We ride a lot with no plans on slowing down anytime soon. I had considered buying a new machine but I think we are at least 1, if not 2 years out from that.

The only complaint I have about this machine is overall ride in rough terrain. I run 27x9x12 Terrabites with 10 psi front and 12 psi rear. I have pulled the front sway bar and it made a big difference but I have not pulled my rear yet. We ride on a huge variety of terrain, often in the same ride. We ride on everything from pavement to open face rock to snow to sand to gravel roads to aggressive trails.

I have read though a lot of old threads on shocks (more than 2 years) about what is best but things change. I am looking for a complete system in the $2000-2500 range.
I have looked at stuff from Fox, Walker, Exit, Elka and just not sure how to choose.

Registered
I have a 2019 Trail with 400 miles on it and envy your use. 馃槈

I look forward to wearing my shocks out and am eager to hear the recommendations that you get.

Reactions: Nwcid

Premium Member
I currently have a 2018 RZR 900 Trail that we purchased used in April of 2020 with 1100 miles on it. We are out traveling right now and I expect that by the end of the month we will have 6500 miles on the machine. We ride a lot with no plans on slowing down anytime soon. I had considered buying a new machine but I think we are at least 1, if not 2 years out from that.

The only complaint I have about this machine is overall ride in rough terrain. I run 27x9x12 Terrabites with 10 psi front and 12 psi rear. I have pulled the front sway bar and it made a big difference but I have not pulled my rear yet. We ride on a huge variety of terrain, often in the same ride. We ride on everything from pavement to open face rock to snow to sand to gravel roads to aggressive trails.

I have read though a lot of old threads on shocks (more than 2 years) about what is best but things change. I am looking for a complete system in the $2000-2500 range.
I have looked at stuff from Fox, Walker, Exit, Elka and just not sure how to choose.
I鈥檝e been eyeballing These shocks there out of stock and they sell fast when back in stock . I鈥檓 not ready to buy but I wish somebody would Buy them and do a review they sound like a good shock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I鈥檝e been eyeballing These shocks there out of stock and they sell fast when back in stock . I鈥檓 not ready to buy but I wish somebody would Buy them and do a review they sound like a good shock.
Any idea what the price is on them?

Registered

I bought these for my 900 trail and have been satisfied with them. Kind of hard to do a real review since this is my wife's ride (we ride dirtbikes) but the little bit of time I have in the car has been much better than the old stock shocks. I did gain a couple inches of ground clearance but I think its mainly because I cranked the preload up to about 3".

Yes, it was hard to catch them in stock but I kept checking back and finally got lucky. Price was about the $1400 that you mentioned and they shipped relatively quickly if my memory serves me correctly.

Registered
Below is a review from Oct 2015

Registered
Below is an update about Bandit Shocks (posted about a month ago).. Hope this helps.. Cheers 馃檪

Hello, the shocks we built years are not in the same league as what we have built the last couple of years. We have come a long way in our 11 plus years of business. Our soon to be released Level 4 shocks will be built as the strongest, most adjustable and affordable shocks compared to what is available on the market.

Registered
I'm diggin the Fox QS3R's so far. Need more seat time so I can dial in the valving to my liking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts