Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have had this problem Mine has 68000 miles.I have seen a few others have the same problem.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I'm not the only one.I have done some research and found alot of people had to have there's replaced.They are thinking its the extra heat the bigger engine makes.It was covered under the 5/100,000 engine warranty.Still cost me $140 for a rental car.It took them 3 days at the dealer to change the pump effin slow pokes.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the only problem I've had. I still wouldnt trade my beast in for nothing unless I get a new dodge truck.lol

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
Looks like I'm not the only one.I have done some research and found alot of people had to have there's replaced.They are thinking its the extra heat the bigger engine makes.It was covered under the 5/100,000 engine warranty.Still cost me $140 for a rental car.It took them 3 days at the dealer to change the pump effin slow pokes.
Wow !! three days!!

I had a recall on my 2001 a few years back

sposta be a 'couple of hours' to fix it

soooo....a bunch of phone calls and two weeks later, and lie after lie
I went ahead and showed up with my lawn chair, ploped it down in the bay in front of my truck, and told them that I was here until it gets done!!

...it was done that day!!

Just curious, and problems with lift pumps?? Or injector pumps?

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow !! three days!!

I had a recall on my 2001 a few years back

sposta be a 'couple of hours' to fix it

soooo....a bunch of phone calls and two weeks later, and lie after lie
I went ahead and showed up with my lawn chair, ploped it down in the bay in front of my truck, and told them that I was here until it gets done!!

...it was dont that day!!

Just curious, and problems with lift pumps?? Or injector pumps?
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Hopfully I wont have to try that.No problems with any other pumps.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
My pick-up pumps seem to go out every 60,000
if that pump fails and you don't catch it, it then takes the injector pump....(lack of fuel to lube)

Something to watch for.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ok im sorry going to rain on your day some . I build pulling truck motors. ITPA 8000 Dodge trucks. I have some wicked street trucks running around to. Water pump two bolt front of motor 30 min max to change. Lift pump goes out on CR truck might run might not. Will not kill the cp3. Older VP truck lift pump goes out almost kills Vp injection pump with in seconds. And normally will. Sorry you have a bad dealer good ones are hard to find. Ever want to turn those trucks up let me know. I own an 03 Making 833.8HP and 1791TQ. Customer truck 06 Making 741HP and 1500+TQ. Customers truck 2000 Making 597HP 1100+TQ. All number Off of Floor it diesel Dyno. Have other dont rember numbers Most all of them over 600HP and yes still pull traliers running twins except the 2000 Big single.

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya this dealer sucks donkey.The service person doesnt know anything about cars and is a gay phillipino guy (no Joke).The problem is the next dealer is 25 miles away and isnt any better.Alot of dealers went out of bussiness around here including the one I bought the truck from.I knew the pump couldnt be that hard to change.They didnt have it in stock.Then the day it was suppost to come in they said the truck was 5 hours late and they didnt have time to complete the job.After the warranty is over I'll just get a manual and figure it out myself.Thanks for your input James.No rain on my day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts