Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the directions on how to put these in? i bought some used ones and im pretty sure i know how to do it i just would like the instructions. Also does anyone know what size the nut and bolts are that are supposed to be with them? Thanks stephen

·
Registered
160 Posts
does anyone have the directions on how to put these in? i bought some used ones and im pretty sure i know how to do it i just would like the instructions. Also does anyone know what size the nut and bolts are that are supposed to be with them? Thanks stephen
When I installed my Crow 3" H-style, sternum strap, padded harnesses (I also ordered and installed the 5th point sub strap) they did not come with a set of instructions. Just Crow's recommended mounting point and angle placement.

You will need to purchase the following hardware.

(2) 7/16" x 1 1/2 Grade 8 bolts
(2) 7/16" Nyloc Grade 8 nuts, if no Nyloc then use red loctite on threads
(6) 7/16" flat washers
(2) 7/16" loc washers

So here you go.

Removal:

1. Remove the seats
2. Remove the rubber sleeve cover over the center console belt insert (I did re-install this cover for a clean look.
3. You will need to remove a few plastic darts, and torx head screws on the lower plastics so that you can gain access to the nut on the bottom retractable seat belt holder.
4. Remove seat belts retractable unit on the "door side". (You can not reuse this hardware) Yes you will need to have one hand on the open end box wrench inside the plastics to access the nut. One on the ratchet inside of cabin to loosen the bolt.
5. Remove center mounted belt inserts. (Save this attaching hardware)

Installation:

1. Install center belts first using existing hardware use loc-tite on threads. Make sure belts are angled correctly before tightening up. (Follow the current angle of the ones installed currently in the center)
2. On the door side place two flat washers together flush up against the inside the (interior) cabin side before attaching the belts, as theses are used as spacers between the belts and the inside car plastic. It should look like this. Bolt, two flat washers, belt, then another washer, loc washer, and nut. (Use loc-tite if no nyloc washer)
3. Repeat for other side.
4. Install upper belts by wrapping them around roll cage bar located behind the seat. (There are plenty of pictures of what this looks like on the this site)
5. I did buy the Holz strap to keep the rear upper straps from slidding apart on the rear roll cage bar, even though I have the sternum strap it keeps them in place when not in use.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man you have no idea how much i appreciate that....cant say thanks enough

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sure no problem. I attached a picture (Sideways) but you can save the picture and rotate it. You can see how the upper belts are attached in the picture.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sure no problem. I attached a picture (Sideways) but you can save the picture and rotate it. You can see how the upper belts are attached in the picture.
Can you explain how you mounted the 5th sub strap? I see that Thunderhawk sells a bracket kit, just wondered what you did with yours.

How are you liking the 3" wide straps? The sub strap seems like a no brainer but a lot don't seem to run them. Thoughts?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts