Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Rzr s has had a annoying squeek/creak from the rear since new. I have allready taken apart and lubed the upper and lower spindle pivots, inner arm pivots and sway bar pivots. I can put my hand on both springs at the upper adjusters and can feel it the worst. Is there supposed to be a insulator in between the spring and adjuster? Anybody else had this problem?

·
Banned
399 Posts
I took my swaybar off it's not the swaybar. The springs squeek all the time you can spray them with wd40 but it only last for a few min and then you have a dirty mess.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Haven't heard of that one before.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Forum member "Jack" just put the new derlin bushings on his 2010 S and applied a dry lube to them and his is perfectly quiet now. UTV Inc sells the bushings if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Overtight shock bolts were the cause of my squeak. I loosened, used a good spray lube (NOT WD!!!! IT IS NOT A LUBE!) and resnugged without the severe torque and voila!

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Yeah, a dry lube like a silicone spray or graphite is the best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to get the springs loose tonight and install Teflon tape on the upper spring collar. I think its creaking there. I'll let y'all know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine has th very same squeak. Thought it was the sway bar. Doesn't bother me too much but if there's an easy fix, I'm in!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No luck using the Teflon tape. I am convinced its related to the springs because thats where I can physically feel it with my hands. It's a loud metallic creak noise more so than a squeek. My fronts have a dual spring setup with plastic spacers in between. Are other rzr s set up this way? I wonder if that setup would cure the rear noise.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
mine have been squeeking also, so i went out and and loosened the shock bolts and sprayed them with silicone and the snugged them back up and the squeek stopped.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just installed the delrin bushing kit from utvcrap and it cured most of the noise i had in the suspension, but the rear springs are still making some noise. Does anyone have the link to rzr jeffs write up on the fix for this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts