Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving on some forest trails this last weekend when the RZR started to run like crap, then I started to smet fuel really bad, so I thought I was leaking fuel. I start looking around to notice something leaking from under the maching in the rear. I also notice a rock inside the drain hole on the skid plate.
The rock had shot up throught the drain hole in the skid plate and cracked the case, causing all the oil to leak out. It was alike a one in a million shot!!

A couple of questions:

Does the engine light come on when you loose all of your oil? Mine never did!

Also, do you guys thing waranty will cover it? There is no damage to skid plate excetp a small gouge where the rock went through it.

It is a less than 2 months old RZR4.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No on the light.
Very doubtful on the warranty, though your insurance may cover it if you have full coverage.
Good luck, man. That sucks big time!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, ill try the warranty route first, then if I have to Ill make the insurance claim.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That it nice, but ill probably spend the $ on a different skid plate!
I assume you were running the stock skid 'plate'? If so sounds like I need to put a step up on getting my aftermarket skids ordered!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume you were running the stock skid 'plate'? If so sounds like I need to put a step up on getting my aftermarket skids ordered!
Yes I was, but if the aftermarket ones have a hole to drain the oil it would have done the same thing. I need to look at some of the aftermarket ones and see.

The golf ball sized rock shot through the drain hole and cracked the case. So I would look for one where it is completly covered.
Odds are pretty lowthat it would happen again, im not going to take any chances though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry to here your bad luck that is one in a million shot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I was, but if the aftermarket ones have a hole to drain the oil it would have done the same thing. I need to look at some of the aftermarket ones and see.

The golf ball sized rock shot through the drain hole and cracked the case. So I would look for one where it is completly covered.
Odds are pretty lowthat it would happen again, im not going to take any chances though.
Good luck getting your RZR fixed, and thanks for sharing the info. I have no need for a skidplate with holes, other than a bit large enough for water to drain out from. I'll drop the plate to clean it 2-4x a year and when I need to service it.

--John

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Good luck getting your RZR fixed, and thanks for sharing the info. I have no need for a skidplate with holes, other than a bit large enough for water to drain out from. I'll drop the plate to clean it 2-4x a year and when I need to service it.

--John
What skids are you running? It looks like the UHMW ones have no holes in them. Some others look like swiss cheese, No thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Insurance is going to cover the damages (whatever they are).
They said it would be covered under comp (no fault) becouse it was a flying object that hit it!
If anyone uses USAA, they are great to deal with!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Glad to hear its all working out for you and good luck in the future.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check out our 1/2 UHMW RZR 4 skid package, it's the best protection in the business bar none. We'll gladly machine it with for you with no holes in it.

Why would you not want holes?

I am assuming this skidplate comes with all the hardware to mount it up?
Becouse the hole is what allowed a rock to fly up and put a hole in the motor!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check out our 1/2 UHMW RZR 4 skid package, it's the best protection in the business bar none. We'll gladly machine it with for you with no holes in it.

Bob - How much are those? the UHMW is what i was looking at. Is it 2 piece, so i can remove to change the oil?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts