Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were out trail riding this past weekend and somehow managed to kick up the only stick on this dirt trail. I was going about 40 and it almost impaled my foot. Glad I was wearing boots. Anyways here is the damage that I need to fix. I was able to pop the plastic pieces back together for the most part. I have to say everything on this machine needs improvement and this is just another one for the list :rm_thumbdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Look into Boesch-Built firewall protection kit. Every brand of machine out there is vulnerable to intrusions. Parallel sticks on the trails are one of your worst enemies.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I think mine said they fit a 1000, and I have a 900 S. I did have to do a small amount of grinding to get a perfect fit, as well as sub a few of their short bolts with some longer ones. I think if you had an extra set of hands to start the nuts you can use the nice hardware they supply.

·
Vendor
712 Posts
Thunderhawk offers an Inner Fender Armor Kit for your RZR. Our Inner Fenders are not just screwed to the plastic floor-boards, but are mounted to the frame at multiple points, so the impact from that stick would not have even contacted the plastic floor-board. Here's a link for more info on our website: Thunderhawk Inner Fender Armor Kit

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any pics from inside the cab? Id like to see where these screws are coming through. I know the other brand has them all over. Sucks having to do this on a freaking new $15k + RZR.

·
Vendor
712 Posts
We use black, button-head bolts that look similar to the bolts used by Polaris, so they are not very noticeable. We'll get some pics from the inside today and have them edited with arrows to show the bolts (without the arrows, you really wouldn't notice the bolts). It'll probably be tomorrow or Thursday before these photos are done, but I'll get them posted here as soon as they are finished.

·
"Oath Keeper"
1,013 Posts
Mudbusters also offers a UHMW wheel well liner kit. Just got one for the wife's 570 and when the new 900 gets to the house, I will probably order one for it too.

·
Vendor
712 Posts
Here's a picture of the passenger-side floor board. The three bolts are noted with arrows, to differentiate our bolts from the factory bolts that are used to mount and secure the floor-boards. As you can see, these three bolts are up on the vertical section of the floor-board. There are no bolts on the floor-area, since the Thunderhawk Inner Fender Armor is mounted to the frame at the bottom.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a picture of the passenger-side floor board. The three bolts are noted with arrows, to differentiate our bolts from the factory bolts that are used to mount and secure the floor-boards. As you can see, these three bolts are up on the vertical section of the floor-board. There are no bolts on the floor-area, since the Thunderhawk Inner Fender Armor is mounted to the frame at the bottom.

I like that, I will be ordering soon.
Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
The repair of the floorboard should be easy with a Harbor Freight plastic welder. Bought the $16.99 model, 80 watt iron plastic welding kit.

Search results for: '80 Watt Iron Plastic Welding Kit'

Just used the supplied Poly Sticks to weld up my skid plate. Was super easy to work with and did an amazing job on my stock skid plate. I even had a curled section about 1" wide that I used a heat gun to smooth out, then the plastic welder. Use the V plate to melt a groove to lay the plastic rod into. Smoothed out with the flat portion of the plate. Worked slick as snot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You mention the Harbor Freight plastic welder with the poly stick that comes with it. How did you determine the type of plastic the floorboard is made out of and match it to the HF welding sticks? I know nothing about types of plastic.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
A buddy of mine had a branch come through his floor. Luckily it was on the passenger side and no one was riding in that seat at the time. Those ones from Thunderhawk look nice but when I was looking I couldn't find any to fit my 900XP so I made my own out of 1/4" puck board. I used a propane torch to heat it up and bend it to fit. They turned out pretty good once I got the hang of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! I ended up with a aftermarket ski plate which had the front metal guards as well.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Really nice looking you guys.

Also wasn't there a vendor on here that had aluminum diamond plates for at least the floor boards. I thought I saw those a while back with some side and front wall coverage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get full underbody UHMW skid plate, and Gorilla tape for the crack. 3/8" thickness is plenty for the skid plate. 4-seater floor in the back seat is really scary unprotected. Glad we didn't have anyone in the back seat at St Joe State Park in Missouri as a big stick came thru the floorboard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts