Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drivers side under seatbelt.
Went to dealer today saw 3 more customer ones on their lot that are cracked too.
Dealer is going to order a new one.
What is making these crack? Looks to me like the regulator is bolted to the bottom and the weight is creating stress on the plastic?
bad design from popo.
Time to fab and aluminum plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
mine is cracked below that on the horizontal not the vertical side...just behind the empty space next to the batttery,,,,its in the shop now to get the trans leak fixed and reverse chain replaced...will have them look @ that as well....

G

·
Poor design..very common..I just stop drilled the crack...and it hasn't propagated. Don't waste your time replacing the plastic..it will just crack again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a 2012 S and it is cracked in the same spot. I stop drilled it and I'm probably going to put some speed tape over it on both sides.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I also forgot to mention that i think the 5 point harness bracket is causing it in mine, but it would've probably happened with the stock belt.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hey Russell, how are those doors working for ya? Went up to Sahara today, just for a day ride. Had a blast.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a slight problem with the latch on the drivers door. It started popping open while driving. Its an easy fix, just haven't had time to fix it. Actually, i noticed the crack when i was instaling the doors. I think I'm heading up there this weekend.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Really I never had them pop open on me. I'll pm ya, sorry for the thread high jack whoops. Or just pm me when your going maybe I can make it up there for a day or something.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine is cracked below that on the horizontal not the vertical side...just behind the empty space next to the batttery,,,,its in the shop now to get the trans leak fixed and reverse chain replaced...will have them look @ that as well....
Trans leak...mine has that too. Just noticed it yesterday. Will get it in this week to dealer.
What is the cause of your leak and need to replace reverse chain?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
mine is cracked below that on the horizontal not the vertical side...just behind the empty space next to the battery,,,,its in the shop now to get the trans leak fixed and reverse chain replaced...will have them look @ that as well....
Trans leak...mine has that too. Just noticed it yesterday. Will get it in this week to dealer.
What is the cause of your leak and need to replace reverse chain?
Trans leaking from the case halves,,, if you count three bolts forward (toward the motor)from the drain bolt, that's where it would leak/drip from,,would notice dust sticking to the skid after a few miles of riding.
it is above the static oil level so it would only show up after being ridden when the fluid would get slung around

Reverse chain has a broken link,,just a little piece from around the pin,,,prob defective from supplier,,,found it when I did the fluid change for the break in period,,,thought the leak was there @ that time also but was waiting for it to really show itself before I took it in for the warranty repairs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts