Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Are you getting vaccinated?

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
696 Posts
I'm not into making things like this personal but I fully expected some pro-vaccine supporters to pick on my post above, and that's exactly what happened. Why can't they just let it go? I and everyone else that chooses to not get the shot should be able to choose to do so without people like this making their snotty comments. In the USA, we live in a free country, for now, and should be able to make choices like this without having to listen to all the judgement by those who, for some reason, believe they are superior.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm not into making things like this personal but I fully expected some pro-vaccine supporters to pick on my post above, and that's exactly what happened. Why can't they just let it go? I and everyone else that chooses to not get the shot should be able to choose to do so without people like this making their snotty comments. In the USA, we live in a free country, for now, and should be able to make choices like this without having to listen to all the judgement by those who, for some reason, believe they are superior.
It's because we now live in a society where folks think they know better than you do and by golly, they are going to force their point of view on you. Those people suck and I have zero use for them.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
696 Posts
I do enjoy picturing these people diligently searching google for ways to argue with Dee Cee but haven't found anything yet so they resort to copping out or making snotty comments, lol.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I do enjoy picturing these people diligently searching google for ways to argue with Dee Cee but haven't found anything yet so they resort to copping out or making snotty comments, lol.
What is there to argue with Dee Cee that’s worth arguing?

·
Registered
2021 Trail S 1000 Premium (Waiting...)
10 Posts
It's because we now live in a society where folks think they know better than you do and by golly, they are going to force their point of view on you. Those people suck and I have zero use for them.
Now? So nevermind anti-abortion laws, anti-contraceptive initiatives, anti-gay marriage, anti-legal weed, anti-gay marriage, a high drinking age than other countries, prohibition, anti-gay military rules, among so many other things.

I don’t agree or disagree with all those things but all this talk about freedom of choice is total bs. This isn’t a new thing either.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We do live in a free country and if I wanted to go to the local bar and drink until I could barley walk, but could walk well enough to get to my car and drive, I too would be free to do that if I chose.

What’s the problem with that?

Responsibility is what its called . And from a public health perspective responsibility means:

(1) assuring an adequate local public health infrastructure, (2) promoting healthycommunities and healthy behaviors, (3) preventing the spread of communicable disease, (4) protecting against environmental health hazards, (5) preparing for and responding to emergencies, ...............

And yes some people are superior than others in their field of discipline. I couldn’t imaging going to my car mechanic for medical advice or vice versa.

And yes you have good car mechanics and not so good car mechanics. And yes you have good doctors and not so good doctors. There is still plenty of diversity in any specialized field.

Hey , I’m all for freedom but I’m for sure going to express my opinion on things - especially when I’m somewhat qualified to speak on them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Now? So nevermind anti-abortion laws, anti-contraceptive initiatives, anti-gay marriage, anti-legal weed, anti-gay marriage, a high drinking age than other countries, prohibition, anti-gay military rules, among so many other things.

I don’t agree or disagree with all those things but all this talk about freedom of choice is total bs. This isn’t a new thing either.
So drop the "now" in my post. The facts remain.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,790 Posts
I closed this thread once
Nobody got the hint
Have at it as long as there isn't any swearing or name calling and any reports will be deleted

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
696 Posts
We do live in a free country and if I wanted to go to the local bar and drink until I could barley walk, but could walk well enough to get to my car and drive, I too would be free to do that if I chose.

What’s the problem with that?

Responsibility is what its called . And from a public health perspective responsibility means:

(1) assuring an adequate local public health infrastructure, (2) promoting healthycommunities and healthy behaviors, (3) preventing the spread of communicable disease, (4) protecting against environmental health hazards, (5) preparing for and responding to emergencies, ...............

And yes some people are superior than others in their field of discipline. I couldn’t imaging going to my car mechanic for medical advice or vice versa.

And yes you have good car mechanics and not so good car mechanics. And yes you have good doctors and not so good doctors. There is still plenty of diversity in any specialized field.

Hey , I’m all for freedom but I’m for sure going to express my opinion on things - especially when I’m somewhat qualified to speak on them.
You're just proving my point even more. Now you're calling anyone who chooses to not to be a crash test dummy, irresponsible. This is exactly the response I'd expect from someone who would deem themselves to be superior. And yes, we got the point that you believe you are superior because of your field of discipline that we all know you're in.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You're just proving my point even more. Now you're calling anyone who chooses to not to be a crash test dummy, irresponsible. This is exactly the response I'd expect from someone who would deem themselves to be superior. And yes, we got the point that you believe you are superior because of your field of discipline that we all know you're in.
No. Im defining public health responsibility for you.

And No. I feel free and confident to express my opinion on the subject matter.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
696 Posts
No. Im defining public health responsibility for you.

And No. I feel free and confident to express my opinion on the subject matter.
You aren't defining anything. You are merely giving your opinion. An opinion that you should be keeping to yourself simply because what I or anyone else chooses to do is none of your business.

I will gladly bow out at this point before I become a hypocrite and say something that could be deemed judgemental.

EZ, if I said anything that was out of bounds, I apologize.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You aren't defining anything. You are merely giving your opinion. An opinion that you should be keeping to yourself simply because what I or anyone else chooses to do is none of your business.

I will gladly bow out at this point before I become a hypocrite and say something that could be deemed judgemental.

EZ, if I said anything that was out of bounds, I apologize.
So I’m not free to give an opinion? And you have already judged me . That in itself is being hypocritical but yeah , I can agree to disagree with you. Have a good night. 🌙. 😊

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,978 Posts
Rzrhle:

Respectfully, you can’t overcome nature with knowledge, and the primary diversity component here isn’t FUD regardless of what is said. You’ve seens NPR’s chart on anti-vac vs vac demographics? Not something forum posts can sway, right?

My advice: Let it go. Now that the vaccine is available nationwide I’ve embraced charles theory as the remaining driver. Child rights are another discussion, but…

I get a concern is resulting variants are being further propagated, but its inevitably global in scope. If we extend that thought then WHO is right, get all the available vaccines to those countries that will use them. When/if that concludes we can come back to the US population.

Given the drama’s playing out hourly in hospitals, coverage will continue to expand via life lessons. More, while I’d expected the insurance industry to go slowly on hitting US populace with COVID care costs, at this moment I’m hearing thats moving more quickly. As a result of those drivers I expect realized US coverage to be near 70% of adults by mid-summer. Not awful, and relative globally really good. If we can get to 70% of over 12 by fall that will be powerful.

Personally I share what I believe for those that may be on the fence, but I no longer explain why, science or medicine, or even engage much in back and forth re societal value systems. The nature and forces in play above are why. Ymmv

all the best,

-d

ps: call your insurance company and ask for discounts for vaccine compliance.

Reactions: rzrhle

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Lol.. I'm staying out of this one.
But I must say, the mask wearers who wear their masks inside the car by themselves cracks me up! I'd compare it to a lonely loser going to sleep by themselves at night wearing a condom.. 😂

201 - 220 of 255 Posts