Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good measurement of the front inner CV housing (outside diameter of the housing). Making a tool to pull the CV out of differential easy. Mine is at shop currently. Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Easy? I just changed my axles and they just pull right out. Push in on the axle and give a quick jerk outward and they are out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pulled the axle out of the CV numerous times that way too ... better to pull from housing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah I occasionally get only the axle but most of the time I get it all. A pickle fork could work between the housing and the axle, just thinking.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure thats what the outside diameter of the CV housing would measure that slips in that grove? Should be very close and dont need even hundredths of an inch, but ...

You arent messing with me and typed that measurement backwards either did you ?! ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome ... thanks for the pics and effort .... nice fork ;) and if I have to put much more effort into this "tool" I am dreaming up might just revert to your version of the fork too LOL.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
no, the screw driver in the old photo is supposed to show there is little room to insert much of anything. That photo is installed before removal.

As far as pickle forks ours is bout the same as I've seen in most places.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts