Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our first sxs. 2021 rzr xp 1000 with ITP coyote 32 all terrains. Gravel, sand, trails w some smaller rocks, ruts. Our riding style is more casual verse fast performance.
What tire pressure?

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Start at 15 PSI. That's a good all-around pressure IMO. In sand, you could take it down to around 10 PSI to help with traction. For me, I run ours at 15 off the trail and 12 on the trail but I drive a bit more aggressively. I typically do not ride in sand but the few times I have, I ran down to 8 PSI.

Reactions: Shakamp

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Keep in mind-
Lower tire pressure will give you a smoother ride-better for sand and rocks. I run mine around 6-8 PSi all the time-
Never had a issue without beadlocks on my other SXS's just don't drive like a mad man at that low of pressure.

-Generally I set my clients up at 10-12 psi it is a good (in-between pressure)
With tire pressure you can also monitor the tire wear your having, and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Always run 7-8 front and 9-10 rear. I carry maybe 100-150 lbs of gear in the back....tools, axles, clothing....etc. 32 to 35 inch tires. Serious Rock crawling. Never had bead locks...had method bead grips though. Never had a tire come off. Matter of fact, over the several years we've been riding, had tires come off rims twice, once on a beadlocked rim (inside) and once on a non-beadlocked MSA rim.. Both hit a rock wrong. Pretty sure we got the compressor out and popped them back on eventually. Generally when I mount new tires, I keep them over pressurized for a month or more, like 25psi or more, so the tires seat well on the rims, then I air them down.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
My coyotes are not bead locked
As @Bowman89 said, I probabgly wouldn't go under 10 PSI then. I go down to 8 in loose sand without beadlocks but we're just cruising slow, not hammering.

·
Registered
89 Posts
10psi and up to 15psi is good, keeps tire up and bead safe. But for rocks and sand 6-8psi is best 💯

Have to admit on the mud and water riding we do around here on my old mudder in laws that are 8ply I run them flat. Such a thick tire tho my 2 seater 1k doesn’t even flex the tires any.

Ride with what works best and ride safe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve recently been experimenting with different pressures for my tires. I’ve had two punctures in the last few weeks at around 15 so I aired up a bit to 20 (rides harder obviously but not as bad as I thought.). I have 8 ply 32 stock tires on a rzr pro r 4. I’ve added a bunch of gear of course so it’s weighing the thing down, especially in the back. I also think one of my punctures was a cactus needle when I was really off road for a bit, my mistake. Other one was likely something random on the trail.

Question for the community: other than a stiffer ride, what are common downsides to running at 20psi Vs 15 per say? Shock therapy guys have a video about this from a while back which was super helpful. They run in the high twenties when racing!!
I want to balance comfort and performance here, I like to drive a bit faster and being around Phoenix, I will hit rocks, sand, gravel and mud all in the same day.

·
Premium Member
2021 PXP4 Ultimate
899 Posts
I’ve recently been experimenting with different pressures for my tires. I’ve had two punctures in the last few weeks at around 15 so I aired up a bit to 20 (rides harder obviously but not as bad as I thought.). I have 8 ply 32 stock tires on a rzr pro r 4. I’ve added a bunch of gear of course so it’s weighing the thing down, especially in the back. I also think one of my punctures was a cactus needle when I was really off road for a bit, my mistake. Other one was likely something random on the trail.

Question for the community: other than a stiffer ride, what are common downsides to running at 20psi Vs 15 per say? Shock therapy guys have a video about this from a while back which was super helpful. They run in the high twenties when racing!!
I want to balance comfort and performance here, I like to drive a bit faster and being around Phoenix, I will hit rocks, sand, gravel and mud all in the same day.
You’ll have a smaller contact patch at higher pressures, so less traction.

·
Registered
210 Posts
10psi and up to 15psi is good, keeps tire up and bead safe. But for rocks and sand 6-8psi is best 💯

Have to admit on the mud and water riding we do around here on my old mudder in laws that are 8ply I run them flat. Such a thick tire tho my 2 seater 1k doesn’t even flex the tires any.

Ride with what works best and ride safe!
Yep...exactly! The Rzr'z are barely heavy enough to flex these tires much less pop tires off rims...and unless it's a dual beadlocked tire, you have reduced your chances of popping a tire off the rim by ~50%....so I agree; ride with what works for you and be safe!

·
Registered
948 Posts

You’ll bust more tires running at a higher pressure also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Obviously everyone has their own preference, in summer i run 10 in front 12 in rear and in winter i run 8 all around, but if u look in the bed of machine on the engine access panel that you can remove there is a sticker on there with the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts