Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons which one do you like better.

Some say that Polaris Lock & Ride Sport Roof flys off

Some say the Cooter Brown Top is just better. " why "

Getting ready to purchase one don't wana buy it twice.:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Cooter Brown = full coverage

LOVE MINE!!!

BTW, 4" chop cage

·
Aussie nut case
361 Posts
Cooter Brown is more simple design & more roof so better protection from the elements. We also have the Polaris roof on our other RZR & it is reliable enough but I don't like the look

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I have the lock n ride. No problems with it flying off. I have trailered it plenty of times at freeway speeds on a flatbed. Just make sure you set the locks when you put it on. Easy on and off is nice feature. I also mounted a Tribal Whips driving light just under the front lip of the roof on the upper roll cage bar. The LNR roof provides the perfect amount of protection while not interfering with the driving light. No experience with the Cooter Brown product.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Have you considered the Polaris aluminum roof. It's not a lock and ride but it installs very easy with 4 clamps. The aluminum gives you the option to powder coat it any color you might want.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I have the lock and ride tops and they are great but, need more coverage. I am going to order the cooter B. tops for ours

·
Registered
201 Posts
You don't get your left shoulder soaked riding in the rain with a Cooter Brown, the Polaris roof has a weird cutout on the side which lets in too much water. Its a bad design.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have both lock and ride on the wifes 800 S and a cooter brown on my
900 XP I like the ease of removing the lock and ride but would not trade my cooter brown for it you don't get as wet and looks better IMO
Paul

·
333 Posts
Cooter Brown all the way, had the polaris, its dumb, i have no idea why they would ever make the sides dip in but if its rains it rains on you. Get the Cooter Brown! Plus has dome light!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Had both.

Lock and Ride - no problems except looks and the cut outs do tend to get you wetter.

Cooter Brown - looks better but when in the rain, water tends to ride down the grooves and at speed will drip right on your left knee/leg. Nice light that's bolted. Have a chopped cage and have never hit my head getting in and I'm 6 feet

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can someone confirm if the cooter brown top works with the ssv overhead four speakers setup . Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Probably will IF the speakers are under or flush with the top of the cage.
It bolts(with rubber coated hoops) in 4-6 places. 2 on the rear cross bar and 2 on the front bars that bow inward where the rollcage bolts together and if you want to, 2 on the front crossbar. I dont use the front ones

·
333 Posts
Can someone confirm if the cooter brown top works with the ssv overhead four speakers setup . Thanks
Plenty of room, the ssv doesn't stick up above the cage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am on my second Polaris top, the first one is on I8 somewhere (it blew off). I did not know about the CB top when I bought mine. I have not spent any time in the rain-not much here in AZ, but could see how the cutout would not be the best.
I now travel with the roof strapped down-straps are cheap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts