Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You could experiment by taking to hood of and running it. See if that helps then the hood might help.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Really well. May add a second to our other machine. Love the fact the winch is easy to access and use.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is this issue something that suddenly happened? Or has this been an issue for awhile now?

Are you the original owner or is this something you bought new?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've had the unit for about year. Bought it with 800 miles.
It started about the time I put the bumper on it. At less 6months notice it more in the summer time

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Spending most of your riding going slow, then the bumper should not have an impact at all as it will not effect air flow when there is not any air flow going slow and rock crawling. All depends on fan to move air.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No. Make sure your coolant system is full along with the overflow bottle at the correct level. Watch your temps on dash. If it cools down easy then that is what one wants.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The rad. Is full to the top and the coolant jug is in the middle. I check them before every ride and the oil to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a couple 900 trails and I had problems with either the fan running a lot and even failing I did a fan swap I put in a Hayden electric fan from AutoZone the fan runs less and I have had my temp run 5 degrees cooler and my cooling system performance is much better i been running it for a couple years now no issues

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Spending most of your riding going slow, then the bumper should not have an impact at all as it will not effect air flow when there is not any air flow going slow and rock crawling. All depends on fan to move air.
Sandy, would you consider the weight of the bumper and winch on that 75hp machine as contributing to the engine heat generation?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well, Denver, if it is weight along then what about the passengers weight? If the bumper/winch weight adds then passenger weight should add even more.

Reactions: Denver

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well today we was riding and I noticed the fan come on at 206 and cool down to 186 and as the ride went the fan would come on about 206 and off at 190 the. Same again 206 and of at 198.
Once I got home I let it cool off and notce the fan seem hard to turn. So I'm guessing the motor is going bad

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Sounds like it. If you want to test run battery leads straight to motor and let it run by itself and see what happens.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have a fan motor off of a condenser fan from a trans air. Ac unit. It's the same size and bolter pattern on the motor so I'm try and swap them out.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts