Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I got a 2015 rzr 900s. I put a bumper on it from a high lifter rzr edition. And I noticed sense I've done that the coolant fan runs alot more.
I was wondering is there a fan swap that could pull more air into the radiator and keep it cooler? Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its running about normal temp, comes on about 204 to 206 and off at about 185. It's just running alot more and about 45mph the temp will get to about 208-210 and just stay there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering if I install a bigger fan would it work less to keep it cool? Or would it be a good idea to invest into a turbo hood and make it work with the fan shoud

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
First check your coolant level and make sure radiator is clean, use the light test.

Reactions: Denver

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is clean. I washed it out backwards and the coolant level is full and the antifreeze looks like it is brand new.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Do not think the bumper is a real issue? Would take a huge block to cause overheating. Are you sure the problem is not how you are perceiving it? Like, you are expecting it so it is, type thing. Do not see the problem with the fan running. It is doing exactly what it was designed for, and as long as they are treated correct, they last forever.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about taken the bumper off and seeing how it acted.
It just seems to me that the fan runs more than it did before . It's not over heating

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I took the winch and the bumper off today and been riding for a few hrs around the house and dirt roads like normal. And the coolant temps stay down and the coolant fan runs less.

I put the bumper back on and test drove again the same miles , same way and the fan did run more. I guess it's cause if lack of air flow.

What would be the best way to improve the air flow?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
As long as the motor is not overheating, you do not have a problem that needs fixed.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Post a picture of your bumper.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Have the same bumper on 18 turbo without any problems. Really like the bumper and winch up top. Oh! I see the difference and the problem. Yours is red. Mine is black. Your bumper is too hot. :) My opinion, the time and money you could throw at it could be better spent on other uses. Enjoy it and let the fan and machine do what it is designed to do.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Speed will force more air through making fan work less. Slow going will make it run a lot more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do alot of trail riding and slow speed. That's one of the reasons why I was trying to find out if I put a bigger fan on it. Like off of a 1000 or a turbo with the brushless motor

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
As long as the fan cools it back down there really is not a problem. I would run it until I had, if every, a problem then figure out a fix. A bigger fan will draw more. Charging system on your machine is on the low side for taking extra loads.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts