Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 rzr 900 trail with 300 miles. It is unbearable hot to ride in. Console on infrared gun today was 148 degrees and behind seat bulk head 144. Out side temp 90 degrees. It has full front and rear windshield and doors. I also have a 2010 rzr full front and rear wind shields and doors that was on same trip. Console was 94 degrees and behind seat was 92 degrees. Neither one has any other mods. Does that console heat seem extremely hot. Is there anything I should check out or is that normal on the 900’s. It’s not even fun to be in.

·
The Lone Rzr
3,857 Posts
Yep everything gets warm. Add in a full front windshield with no vents and a rear windshield and you'll be well done by the end of the day

·
Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
662 Posts
I'm considering spray gluing reflex to the entire behind the seats haven't figured out if I should do it inside the passenger area or on the outer bulkhead.

·
Vendor
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
The Lone Rzr
3,857 Posts
Your outside temp is 90 deg and I would not use my full windshield. Maybe below 70 deg or else I'll use my SATV half windscreen
I haven't used my infra red temp gun but might be fun to try next time

·
Vendor
3,417 Posts
Thanks you I will check it out. May have to go that route. Does that sound hotter than normal or are others seeing that temp. Thanks
All of them get that hot. On the 900 and 1000 s the engine and radiator are closer and the heat is a little more concentrated. The Pro XP's are the worst with the xpt and Turbo S close behind. We seal from front to back as well as insulate. We also have some ceiling fans that are available by request only with a bunch built for RZR,s

·
Vendor
3,417 Posts
Thanks you I will check it out. May have to go that route. Does that sound hotter than normal or are others seeing that temp. Thanks
140-145 @90 is normal for an unprotected 900. Depending on how hard you are running the machine. Our kit can drop that to 105-110 depending on conditions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2022 rzr 900 trail with 300 miles. It is unbearable hot to ride in. Console on infrared gun today was 148 degrees and behind seat bulk head 144. Out side temp 90 degrees. It has full front and rear windshield and doors. I also have a 2010 rzr full front and rear wind shields and doors that was on same trip. Console was 94 degrees and behind seat was 92 degrees. Neither one has any other mods. Does that console heat seem extremely hot. Is there anything I should check out or is that normal on the 900’s. It’s not even fun to be in.
You’ll shed most of that losing the front and rear windshield. I take my windshield off once it hits 60 degrees. I have a 900 trial ultimate 2021.

·
Registered
21 XP turbo 1000 … lots of mods & memories
122 Posts
Total agree with the wolf snout guy.. I bought and did their whole cab cooling kit..works great. And did the gorilla taping ,, but with a full windshield and back they still get hot as hell. I made a fan system , you can find it under (cool cab fan).and just recently picked up the Tusk wing vents for more air into the cab, time will tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds to me like yours possibly missing a heat shield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take off your windshield and door windows and the problem will go away. My 2021 RZR had the same issue and it was terrible. Took off the front window and the problem went away immediately. We have a heater on our RZR that promoted the heating issues in the cab FYI.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts