Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first sxs back in September, it is a 2018 900S White Lightning which now has about 800 miles (had 400 when purchased). I just got a lead on a 2017 XP 1000 EPS with unbelievably 50 miles on it.

I love my 900, but it is pretty bare-bone regarding suspension and extras. I put some things into it, some of which I could easily move to the 1000 which has the GPS & radio in the dash, looks like the Ride Command.
Is the XP1000 that much better that I should look at buying this one and selling off the 900?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Night and day difference in the suspension. It is wider. Do you have any width restrictions where you ride?

The Ride Command is a very nice feature.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! No real width issues, the 900 is a 60" wide vehicle I believe. How wide is the 1000?

·
Registered
175 Posts
1000 is 64" wide stock. I never found that to be a problem. I'm at around 74" wide now with my turbo s and it still goes where I need to go.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only thing you'll regret is not doing it sooner. I love my 1000XP! I'm about 70in wide and don't have any trouble getting around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I bought my first sxs back in September, it is a 2018 900S White Lightning which now has about 800 miles (had 400 when purchased). I just got a lead on a 2017 XP 1000 EPS with unbelievably 50 miles on it.

I love my 900, but it is pretty bare-bone regarding suspension and extras. I put some things into it, some of which I could easily move to the 1000 which has the GPS & radio in the dash, looks like the Ride Command.
Is the XP1000 that much better that I should look at buying this one and selling off the 900?
I did exactly that. My first SxS was an S 900. Although a good machine with some nice upgrades, going to a '17 XP1000 was a very nice upgrade. I regret that I didn't go that route first.

I ride mainly technical trails in the Ozark mountains, it is a great machine. The only thing the 900 had on it was turning radius, which isn't that big a deal. Otherwise, the XP is better in every way.

Everyone talks about the big width difference, but honestly, I've never noticed. When measured its only a couple inches and on the trail its not really noticeable.

I'd jump on the deal, that's what I did. I was able to sell the S and upgrade to the XP for a small difference and soooo glad I did.

·
Army Signals Retired
184 Posts
I just traded in my 900 Trail for the XP 1000, due to the weather and babysitting duties, we haven't had a chance to get it out but, from what I have been reading, it's going to be awesome. Good Luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I took your advice and picked up my new ride last night. Hauled it back from Phoenix to Tucson and it is safely tucked away in the garage waiting for the registration so we can take it out. Now I need to clean up the 900 and get it sold! If anyone knows someone interested in a low miles 900S in the Tucson/Phoenix area let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice Xp! I did the same thing sold the 900s and got a 1kxp. Love it. Thought I’d want a turbo after getting the xp, but after riding with a turbo in our group for a year or so the turbo hasn’t impressed me in the tighter trails we ride. The xp has done everything turbo has. The turbo sound cool tho. Congrats on the new ride!!! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
let the accessorizing/spending begin 🤣

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did the same upgrade a few months back, no regrets at all. 900 S was tough to sell though
I agree mine was a tough sell as well. I got lucky and my riding buddy has a 20yr old son that was interested and bought mine after a few months of not much interest. Gave him a buddy deal on it lol. Lost a little on the deal, but the upgrade to the 1kxp was so worth it!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did the same upgrade a few months back, no regrets at all. 900 S was tough to sell though
I agree mine was a tough sell as well. I got lucky and my riding buddy has a 20yr old son that was interested and bought mine after a few months of not much interest. Gave him a buddy deal on it lol. Lost a little on the deal, but the upgrade to the 1kxp was so worth it!

·
Registered
3 Posts

The answer is always YES, Upgrade.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Question I have is why only 400 miles since September on the 900? Ride quality, available time to ride??? Hopefully with your damn near new XP 1000. Hopefully, whatever the issue has been, you’ll be able to enjoy your new ride. Go big or go home! Suspension is everything in these machines to enjoy a full day of riding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heading into retirement (again) soon and hope to have more time for riding.
Now I just need to sell my 900S!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts