Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to sell/trade both my 2 seater rzrs (‘10 800s and ‘14 xp1000) and go to a 4 seater. Is there any concern for higher mileage rigs? Higher mileage turbos vs xp4k? Does one hold up better than the other maintenance and treatment being equal? I don’t want to buy new, trying to be responsible. Lol.
I found two ‘18 units online in same area, both turbos one has 2400 miles and other 1000 miles. $2k difference. Lower mileage higher price is the fox edition. Trying to justify the higher price.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,165 Posts
I’d wait and save some money to buy new if it were me. That being said, the lower mileage would get my vote, provided it’s still a good price... used 18 4 seat fox edition with 1000 miles... provided everything else was in good shape, I’d say $16000 is top dollar, and that might be giving it a little, I bought my 18 4 seat fox edition for $22k OTD for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,165 Posts
I’ll also add that how long they last is incredibly related to how they were treated, which you never really know, no matter the machine... 3000 miles is a good general number for when it’s time to start having to replace things outside the scope of basic maintenance... but like I say, lots of influencing factors

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the little bit of research I've done so far, you could find a dealer with a leftover '18 that will sell for close to the used price you're looking at.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's all relative to maintenance. The lower mile unit could have never had it's oil changed whereas the 2400 mile unit was changed every 20 hours.

Which also brings up... you need to compare hours and miles. I avoid machines with higher hours versus low miles, too much idling is no bueno IMHO.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,165 Posts
It's all relative to maintenance. The lower mile unit could have never had it's oil changed whereas the 2400 mile unit was changed every 20 hours.

Which also brings up... you need to compare hours and miles. I avoid machines with higher hours versus low miles, too much idling is no bueno IMHO.
Excessive Idling (like someone who never shuts it off), isn’t good at all, but I let mine warm up for 5-10 min every time I first start it for the day, and then it idle for a couple minutes before I shut it off every time...that adds up over time on the hour meter, but I think that’s better practice than never letting it idle, so there’s a transition area there too, I think my average speed comes out to around 13 mph currently, which is really about accurate for how & where I ride.

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Registered
100 Posts
My good friend has over 5k on his 16 turbo 2 seater., and he has never had an issue with his machine. Other than wearable parts clutch parts/belts, shocked re tuned. Oil change every 600 miles. Always greasing hubs and grease points. He drives very aggressively, I wouldn’t say careless just hard on it. I would just do a VERY thorough inspection including a compression test.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All great and valid points. Thanks for the replies. I haven’t seen much on longevity of the turbos. So the insight is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts