Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Started to remove and replace the complete dash. Doing it in a way that I can unbolt and reinstall original dash. To move it to my next RZR.

Was wondering if anyone out there has done this if so can you post some picks.

I will post pic as I get it all figured out.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
578 Posts
After installing and wiring 12 rocker switches in and around the stock dash.... def wish I had something bit more open and easy to work on like this dash, looks like there will be removable gauge and rocker switch bezels which makes wiring / trouble shooting much better. Also looks like he can integrate a GPS into the dash as well .... NICE work

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
This is a great mod. The stock dash is a begin complaint for me. As someone who has a ton of electronics and switches there simply isn’t enough surface area for everything, so I had to begin making other solutions to accommodate everything while still looking good. Having a bigger dash with more area would be the ideal fix. Well done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you guys have ideas for the dash let me know. I am also thinking council for switches area. I am open to opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well dash is all installed now I just have to figure out were gauges, GPS, switches are going. It was fun trying to set the dash high where it was going to be. The big thing was the tilt steering. I wanted it to have full range. It was a lot of time spent trying to figure it out. I am debating whether to put the factory gauge in behind the steering wheel or the center of the dash. I would like to buy a aftermarket one in, but do not want to spend 2,000 or more on one. I already have all the gauges bought. I have 2 pictures of the original dash and gauges, GPS, switches and new dash that I have to figure out where to put everything. I am going to build a lower switch panel. I have a bunch of new rocker switches instead of the red switches on the dash.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would put the factory gauge and aftermarket gauges right in front of the driver and the GPS in the centre, since your good at working sheet metal I would do a centre console that ties into the dash and has all your rockers on it, you can extend your shifter and use the factory boot on the new console. Nice work

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would put the factory gauge and aftermarket gauges right in front of the driver and the GPS in the centre, since your good at working sheet metal I would do a centre console that ties into the dash and has all your rockers on it, you can extend your shifter and use the factory boot on the new console. Nice work
That's a good idea about the console Dirt-Monger. I also might put the GPS above on the roof inside. I also eventually have a stereo and car to car communication. So many ideas but not enough time. Ride season around the corner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Really like what you have started here. I've been thinking about doing something like this but maybe with fiberglass instead (never worked with metal before).

Have you done anything on the top for "molding" the hood piece in? (if any of that made sense)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in the middle of that right now. I have rebuilt and restored a dozen or so wrecked Corvettes over the years can't stand working with fiberglass. This is my first time with aluminum. So I am just playing around with it. I am trying to do this all without destroying any of the original equipment on my RZR. All this is light weight and can be unbolted and original equipment bolted back on.

Riding season is son so I am trying to get it done now. I am slow with my daily job right now. Just trying to keep myself busy.
Thank you for the input guy

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product. It's going to be really cool. You do know your going the have to patent it right. Once you get it done people will want one and will pay for it. You may end up being really busy after this. LOL.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Here’s a shot of mine. Mines a little plain and a little too tall. But works great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts