Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
a flat field isnt a place to compare...but at least you were not as biased as otheirs have been, drag race mean not alot..trails or dunes is the real test go do a video of that

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Welcome: I see this is your 2 post..Way-Good video...because it was objective...did show the good and bad....Thanks for posting it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a flat field isnt a place to compare...but at least you were not as biased as otheirs have been, drag race mean not alot..trails or dunes is the real test go do a video of that
I agree completely, unfortunately in that situation I was not able to ride anywhere but that area. I will say a couple weeks ago I was at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes where the editor of ATV Illustrated was testing an XT and nothing could touch the XT. It outclimbed and outran everything, including several quads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome: I see this is your 2 post..
Thank you! I'm a member here but don't really own an RZR so I haven't posted. I have the Modded Ranger in Racer Techs Suspension vid in their section. I just figured you all would like to see what info I had on the Commander.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It looks to me like a big bore kit and we can have the best of both worlds in the RZR. Can thump on the new Can Am's in a drag race. Then go dominate them on the sand, rocks, tight trails and everything else but hauling hay.

·
Mike #1
1,949 Posts
I think we all know the Canam has a higher top speed but all rzr's are different and maybe Canam for that matter. Why race against an S? There slower anyway! I have a stock S and have raced both stock rzrs and S models and have been beat or have beaten other rzrs by 3 or 4 lengths up to 60 mph. So really, the results may vary. But no doubt the Canam will get you if you are running 60+ mph.

·
Mike #1
1,949 Posts
And for that matter, why run the 1000 against an 800 anyway? It should win!
I would like to see a race between a regular Rzr and a 800&1000 Canam

·
Registered
21 Posts
This was a great post. I think it shows unbiased facts about the two machines. The Commander is definitely a "Cadillac" of the side by side world and the RZR is more of the "Corvette" - certainly lacking some creature comforts, but making up for it in sportiness.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey carnivore,
Looks like you were at us 27 motorsports. Nice to see someone post from my neck of the woods. Waiting on the 2011 rzr 4 eps from the boys there.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I didnt think that was a bad video at all, again, It just shows (and was brought up) about the back end swinging out and/or high center of gravity, You could spin and drift that RAZR all the way around without ever worrying about putting it on its side...The other has a great engine, hands down.. I feel for the guys driving in hot areas!! If you can "cook eggs" inside by the shifter thats just poor design... (so we will call it even, <we have a crappy airbox, They have a frying pan>...Cool

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
And for that matter, why run the 1000 against an 800 anyway? It should win!
I would like to see a race between a regular Rzr and a 800&1000 Canam
X2 put the same engine against the same engine. Thing is the extra weight of the commander offsets the bigger engine. IMO they are apples and oranges. Who really cares about the final top end speed for trail riding? In the woods its all about handling and that the RZR has it beat hands down. I rode one and it felt big and heavy compared to the RZR. I am admittedly biased since I started out on the best side by side out there... :rofl3:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was at the mudd boggs/quad races where carnivore tested and the commander rep had two machines there. They were only giving rides in the commander. I thought that was kind of weird that perspective buyers couldn't drive the darn things.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
I didnt think that was a bad video at all, again, It just shows (and was brought up) about the back end swinging out and/or high center of gravity, You could spin and drift that RAZR all the way around without ever worrying about putting it on its side...The other has a great engine, hands down.. I feel for the guys driving in hot areas!! If you can "cook eggs" inside by the shifter thats just poor design... (so we will call it even, <we have a crappy airbox, They have a frying pan>...Cool
so far alot of the can ams are overheating.....and the belts are breaking...(could also be heat related)

and at alot of canams ride thing their was alot of roll overs...

its like the artic cat won on drags but that was it big heavy and broke alot so you dont see alot about it anymore....just wonder if this could be that same????? well see in a year

·
Registered
397 Posts
so far alot of the can ams are overheating.....and the belts are breaking...(could also be heat related)

and at alot of canams ride thing their was alot of roll overs...

its like the artic cat won on drags but that was it big heavy and broke alot so you dont see alot about it anymore....just wonder if this could be that same????? well see in a year
where did u hear this??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts