Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got a chance to ride the Can am commander 1000 yesterday, and here's my take on it. First impression of the machine in person is "BIG"!. The rider seating area seems very cramped with the center console there. The steering wheel is tiny and IMO uncomfortable the way its setup with the gauges. The seats were very nice and comfortable. The bed is just too much for the kinda riding i do, We have alot of water and creeks around here so the first time i would take that in some deep water crossing the bed would fill up and become an anchor.
Alright now for the ride experience, it rides like a cadillac compared to my rzr, it took whoops and huge ruts with no problem. the steering was nice being power steering but im sure if i put power steering on my rzr it would be the same. As far as power well with the "grey" key in which is the regular performance i was NOT impressed at all. In a straight line drag race with the grey key in the commander the rzr jumps it out of the hole and its an even race from there to about 50, we ran out of room. Then he put the "black" key in it and WOW what a difference like night and day. I knew the rzr wasn't gonna hang just by driving it. So we lined up anyway and sure enough over the whole power grid from start to stop the commander jumped it on the line by about a bike length and then to 50mph it was steady leaving me.
My take on the commander is i DONT want one. I feel that with a little performance upgrades on my rzr ill be right there with it as far as performance and ill still have the compact size of the rzr rather than the big commander. Im sure with some shock upgrades the rzr would ride just as good as the commander too.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: Rzr vs commander

I checked out a Commander 1000 at my dealer yesterday. It looks well built, but i don't like the size of it or the cramped feeling interior with the console in the middle. I'll keep my Walker Evans RZR!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts