Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a entry level CNC plasma table. Assembly complete and ran through a couple of break-in programs. Waiting on my new plasma cutter to arrive. This thing is going to make cutting out parts fun! I'll keep progress reports as I go and a review of the table after I get up and running completely.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Very cool.... so what is the first RZR accessory going to be...custom dash panel ...gated shifter?...lots of possibilities

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting ready to build a custom cage so it will come in handy for making custom brackets. Got a custom lighted emblem I plan on making first :grin

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,100 Posts
Getting ready to build a custom cage so it will come in handy for making custom brackets. Got a custom lighted emblem I plan on making first :grin

You mean you’re finally gonna put a cage on that thing? Must be planning on getting serious! :grin

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drew up some misc parts & shapes to cut out this weekend. I wanted to test the best settings and feed rates for various thicknesses as well as cut tolerance. After a bit of tinkering and wasting some material I ended up getting it to cut 1/8" steel plate with no dross and a 0.005" tolerance on the parts. Only took a few second on the belt sander and it looks like a machined part. Now to move on to 1/4" & 3/8" and get those settings dialed in. Almost ready to make some cool parts!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love our cnc plasma at work. Always get to make some great stuff. Enjoy! I’ve used it on several of my accessories and rzr decor (coat rack)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts