Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I don't think the weight difference is that big of a deal if they are the same size as stock. It's more when you start going taller with tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the stock 27" ITP tires on now. i don't see a lot of options for my type of riding (mtns, rocky, logging roads) in a whole lot other than 26" and 27".
i was looking at the 26" Pitbull Rockers unless someone can suggest something taller and good quality with the same characteristics.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I don't think the weight difference is that big of a deal if they are the same size as stock. It's more when you start going taller with tires.
Its really not in "most" cases. If you are going from a 10-15lb tire to a 30-35lb. + tire then the clutch will feel the weight. Just move a few grams around & see how it performs. I wish I still had my #'s from when i went from stock 26's to 27" Executioners (measuring 26"). The weight diff was huge, however like G-Holiday said, no big deal if the weight is close. Unless your really picky:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is "huge" difference in weight? looking at some numbers i have found, it looks like tires can range from low 20 lbs to low 30 lbs on average. i haven't found a dead on weight for the ITP's vs. the pitbulls in specific. i'm not concerned with losing high end as i rarely have room to really top out, i just don't want to do any damage by causing too much stress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts