Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oversized Tire Clutch Choices

Slowly doing mods, nothing radical, I'm pretty much a trail rider. Fixxin to put S exhaust and possibly fuel management on my 08' rzr. I'm running 28.5" dominators and have a 2" racer tech lift on it. I have to have the ground clearance but really wanna be able to still spin the tires at will and leave my buddies far behind who have teryxes and rhinos. I like my top end speed but wonder if there's any better options out there. Any good options come to mind?

Thanks,

EasTTeX

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Those large tires have to be effecting your overall gear ratio. Just think of putting large tires on a truck, the speedo is off and the acceleration suffers. The best mod you can do is a clutch mod, you won't be able to see an increase with the exhaust and ECU maping, You can increase your top RPM but risk crank distruction. Save you engine mod $$$ for a Turbo, I have one.
EPI and several of the vendors have a clutch package for oversize tires and a phone call will answer any of your questions about them. BlackBart gave us several threads on "Clutching" on this form that will help you.
I'm sorry if I was a bit brutal above but to me the $$$$ don't come as easily as they used to,
John

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. I'll check out black bart's stuff. I'm definitely coming up short on the launch. Not into high speed stuff, just riding bottom land and wooded trails, occasionally trips up into Arkansas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.