Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hofefully you all can help me set up my clutch wieghts for xp900. Have bikemans 935 big bore kit, bored head, cams, intake and throttle bodies and their new intake with power commander 5. Guessing around 115-120 crank hp. Using bikemans stage 2 clutch kit with diff helix, heavier springs and adj weight roosters. Stock is 60 grams, the new roosters alone are 52 grams without any wieghts. The max wieght i can get on the first hole by pin is 7 grams using bolt and washers. (for a total of 59 grams) looking for maximum weight and where to put the weight, from base (pin) to tip??

Setting up to run chokecherry hill at st anthonies, running 9 pdl skats and front mohawks.

What is the rpm where the rzr stops making hp?? I am trying to maintain that rpm while climbing.

I know alot a varieables, but need a starting point, thank

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Hofefully you all can help me set up my clutch wieghts for xp900. Have bikemans 935 big bore kit, bored head, cams, intake and throttle bodies and their new intake with power commander 5. Guessing around 115-120 crank hp. Using bikemans stage 2 clutch kit with diff helix, heavier springs and adj weight roosters. Stock is 60 grams, the new roosters alone are 52 grams without any wieghts. The max wieght i can get on the first hole by pin is 7 grams using bolt and washers. (for a total of 59 grams) looking for maximum weight and where to put the weight, from base (pin) to tip??

Setting up to run chokecherry hill at st anthonies, running 9 pdl skats and front mohawks.

What is the rpm where the rzr stops making hp?? I am trying to maintain that rpm while climbing.

I know alot a varieables, but need a starting point, thank
Start by loading more weight to the heel and progressively get lighter as you get to the tip, try to get enough weight in the first two holes to get your rpm's where you want them if you can. You have too many mods to the engine for us to make any guesstimates, without running it on a dyno you will not know where your combination makes its power so you will have a hard time deciding what rpm you want to tune for. Talk to Bikeman and see if he can tell you what rpm you should be tuning this combination for, then you just keep adding/removing weight to the arms until you hit the right rpm.

Hope this helps...:ride:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I'm sure that setup will make peak power all the way up to the limiter at 8500. Just my Alba stage II cams alone don't start falling off on power until 8200 vs 7300 stock. I like shooting for getting up in the rpms as quick as possible and holding it there. I've done this with a stock clutch and weights but i believe i'm light at the tips of my weights because it will hit the limiter on longer top speed runs. Since you have a whole different clutch combo, its probably going to be different. Like bambam said, you may want to call bikeman for a good starting point. I would guess though that you'll be running over the stock 59 to 60 gram weights in the end....

·
Registered
569 Posts
I need to adjust mine as well. Just curious are you guys tuning your clutches while in high or low? I have the Dalton kit and have only installed the secondary spring never messed with the weights but I do bang the Rev limiter pretty easy in low range. I look forward to your update on what you find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts