Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know there are several Clutch related questions going on right now. But I am racing TT flat track. I have had one drive belt failure already and I am trying to keep from having another. I realize excessive heat is the culprit so I have upgraded to an EPI severe duty belt. The question I have is will an aftermarket clutch kit give me any more performance than the stock one. The only upgrades I have at this time is a Big Gun Evo Exhaust and EFI Programmer. The rest of the upgrades are simply for handling. I am looking for more power coming up off the corners and to keep the belt from blowing apart again. Is this unrealistic with the Stage 1 EPI clutch kit, or will I see an improvement.

Basically stock 09 RZR LE

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the only one racing flat track TT with a RZR? Just want to know if I am wasting time with a clutch kit?

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I think you should re post this question with a heading of "best clutch for racing" or something like that. Sorry that's the most help I can give.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks. I need the improvement on the bottom end the most. That helps though cause the 5 mph increase is likely on the top end. Less slipping will help off the bottom so I will evaluate whether I can gain more advantage in other places or in combination with the clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts