2 grams on the mid (1 on each side)
2 grams on the toe (1on each side)
85 total
when i started i originally had
14 on the heel
4 on the mid
4 on the toe
89 total
so last night i removed 1 from the mid and one from the toe and it pulled harder, so i removed 1 more from the mid and one more from the toe i felt it was running pretty good but still was more top end biased so tonight i decided to run it against my friends 2010 Rzr-s that is bone stock

out of the hole he beat the crap out of me and stayed 1-2 rzr lengths in front of me and im seriously going WTF until about 55 it has a distinct "shift" and i start pulling on him hard but we run out of road.. this has me kind of confused but driving his i can tell its in the clutching of mine, so on a flat road he can beat me but when even on my original setup if we went out to sand mountain (little sahara utah) i can make it straight up the valley with 2 people and he has to zig zag riding alone.. so i know i definitely have more power i just need my clutch dialed in right..

my questions are :
am i going in the right direction?
is a belt upgrade needed?
is the belt slipping?

and also any other input is greatly appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
what rpms are you seeing?
for dune climbing I adjust mine to shoot up to about 6100-6200 rpm and stay there (just below the soft limiter on my RZR-S).

if your rpms are climbing slowly then you need to adjust.

I take it that isn't the stock helix? I have always run the stock helix, but I know that different helix angles can change how it shifts.

#3 ·
rpms never go over 5400-5500 until about 55mph then it slowly starts pulling into the 6k range

no ive never had a stock helix, i have a 2010 so it came with the rapid reaction secondary, my turbo clutch kit is from bikeman and the helix im running is what they sent with it

#4 ·
Ok, I would take more weight out of the primary and see if you can get the rpm's up.
If that doesn't work, you might want to consider a team roller secondary.

Better clutches like the Rage 3 from STM might be a good upgrade if you want to throw more money at it.

#5 ·
it does have the team roller secondary, im going to try pulling some weight if that doesnt do it i think i may need to go back to the stock helix, anyone care to explain exactly what the stock helix affects?

#11 ·
ya, your rpms still look a little low...
Where did you get the red/yellow primary spring?
I wonder if it is too heavy. you are already using pretty light weights for a turbo.
what is the engagement rpm? if it is pretty high, I would try a lighter spring. You can't go too light, or it will start to engage at idle.

I was using a red spring from EPI, but running 11psi of boost on a 8.9:1 engine and 89grams of weight with a lime green secondary spring and stock helix. All of my testing was on sand.

#12 ·
the spring is from team it says 35-140?
the point of engagement where the rzr starts to move is about 1500rpms
the only other spring i have besides stock is the yellow polaris spring

how much difference does the sand make?

#13 ·
hmm, on the Team site it says that spring is 35-140 for kawasaki and 56-140 for polaris.
the red spring from EPI I was using is 35-140.
your engagement at 1500 rpm sounds about right.

sand will make a huge difference over hard ground. On hard ground you have a lot more traction.

#19 ·
moved it to the tip and it revved out a lot faster but still barely hit 6k rpms im going to pull the tungsten and put 4 washers on each side givin me a total of 75 as reccommended and see how that goes

#21 ·
I tried both and when i was tuning mine I found it a lot easier to start out on the lite side and find the right weight combo when I was adding it not taking weight off, it takes a while but you'll get it figured out:pint:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.