2 grams on the mid (1 on each side)
2 grams on the toe (1on each side)
85 total
when i started i originally had
14 on the heel
4 on the mid
4 on the toe
89 total
so last night i removed 1 from the mid and one from the toe and it pulled harder, so i removed 1 more from the mid and one more from the toe i felt it was running pretty good but still was more top end biased so tonight i decided to run it against my friends 2010 Rzr-s that is bone stock

out of the hole he beat the crap out of me and stayed 1-2 rzr lengths in front of me and im seriously going WTF until about 55 it has a distinct "shift" and i start pulling on him hard but we run out of road.. this has me kind of confused but driving his i can tell its in the clutching of mine, so on a flat road he can beat me but when even on my original setup if we went out to sand mountain (little sahara utah) i can make it straight up the valley with 2 people and he has to zig zag riding alone.. so i know i definitely have more power i just need my clutch dialed in right..

my questions are :
am i going in the right direction?
is a belt upgrade needed?
is the belt slipping?

and also any other input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
what rpms are you seeing?
for dune climbing I adjust mine to shoot up to about 6100-6200 rpm and stay there (just below the soft limiter on my RZR-S).

if your rpms are climbing slowly then you need to adjust.

I take it that isn't the stock helix? I have always run the stock helix, but I know that different helix angles can change how it shifts.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rpms never go over 5400-5500 until about 55mph then it slowly starts pulling into the 6k range

no ive never had a stock helix, i have a 2010 so it came with the rapid reaction secondary, my turbo clutch kit is from bikeman and the helix im running is what they sent with it

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Ok, I would take more weight out of the primary and see if you can get the rpm's up.
If that doesn't work, you might want to consider a team roller secondary.

Better clutches like the Rage 3 from STM might be a good upgrade if you want to throw more money at it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does have the team roller secondary, im going to try pulling some weight if that doesnt do it i think i may need to go back to the stock helix, anyone care to explain exactly what the stock helix affects?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
The angles on the helix change how the clutch shifts in and out. Easier, harder, etc.
You can also get backshift angles and notches for stronger engine braking for going down hill.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and here is from 10 mins ago when i removed 2 more grams from the mid leaving no mid weight

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
ya, your rpms still look a little low...
Where did you get the red/yellow primary spring?
I wonder if it is too heavy. you are already using pretty light weights for a turbo.
what is the engagement rpm? if it is pretty high, I would try a lighter spring. You can't go too light, or it will start to engage at idle.

I was using a red spring from EPI, but running 11psi of boost on a 8.9:1 engine and 89grams of weight with a lime green secondary spring and stock helix. All of my testing was on sand.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the spring is from team it says 35-140?
the point of engagement where the rzr starts to move is about 1500rpms
the only other spring i have besides stock is the yellow polaris spring

how much difference does the sand make?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
hmm, on the Team site it says that spring is 35-140 for kawasaki and 56-140 for polaris.
the red spring from EPI I was using is 35-140.
your engagement at 1500 rpm sounds about right.

sand will make a huge difference over hard ground. On hard ground you have a lot more traction.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just went and picked up a scale, the setup i have now weighs 87 grams

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
moved it to the tip and it revved out a lot faster but still barely hit 6k rpms im going to pull the tungsten and put 4 washers on each side givin me a total of 75 as reccommended and see how that goes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.