Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to rzr and polaris, I have a brute force 750 as well, instead of doing a whole clutch kit i was able to change just the clutch spring to change the stall so it engages the clutch at a higher rpm which gives a more low end power.
It this possible with the rzr? i know there a couple of different clutch systems, I know the simple spring could not be done on the king quad.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Yes, this is possible.
The very simple answer is when you look at the spring "numbers" on a chart, the first number (lowest) will represent the engagement. The higher the number the higher the engagement.
There is more to it than that, but that is the reason I said "simple answer".
Another way to achieve a higher engagement is to put an "engagement notch" in the weights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes but numbers dont mean anything unless you have something to compare them to from like what are stock spring numbers ive done searches and there are no straight foreward, like stock springs are 50/260 ive only found what aftermarket spring are and well anyone can find that by simply going to the epi or dalton website so my question is what are the stock spring numbers? for an 09 stock rzr and people need to stop taking things online so personal, i personally know this guy and was just doing a little busting

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hard to give specific answers when the guy did not post the year or model of rzr he has, they are not all the same. But the best source for springs is from the company that makes the clutch setup for polaris, an AMERICAN COMPANY called Team Industries. As for glorified golfcart, if thats the rzr, then it is the best on the golf course cause nothing else can touch it in overall riding. Nice to meet you, im sure you wont be around here for very long:rofl3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.