Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew a belt over the weekend, and upon inspection of the clutch all seemed well. That is until i looked closely at the bearing inside the primary clutch. It seems that i have about 1/16 of an inch play on the shaft. thats not to say the bearing is loose on the shaft, but i can slide the bearing on the shaft. When i took the cover off, i found what appears to be half of a teflon washer amoung all the belt debris. Will i need to replace the whole clutch or just the teflon spacers? The bearing has no play on the shaft and feels fairly tight except for the slight bit of sliding. Also the bearing doesn't spin real free, you have to grab it between your fingers and turn it. Could there be belt dust inside the rollers? Thanks!

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Countryboy...I'm sitting in the EXACT same position as you. I'm going to remove the primary clutch myself and bring it to a dealer to replace the primary bearing and washers. They all ready ordered the parts. Now, I'm just debating on which clutch kit to go with...since I have it all opened up anyway!!! I've narrowed my choice to Dalton and Dirty Dawg.

·
Ridin' above 10,000 ft!
4,848 Posts
Countryboy...I'm sitting in the EXACT same position as you. I'm going to remove the primary clutch myself and bring it to a dealer to replace the primary bearing and washers. They all ready ordered the parts. Now, I'm just debating on which clutch kit to go with...since I have it all opened up anyway!!! I've narrowed my choice to Dalton and Dirty Dawg.
Don't know which is better, I have the Dalton and love it. I think the key is adjustable weights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.