Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RZR S grinds the gears when I shift from park to reverse or from neutral to low or reverse took the cover and belt off today and was wondering how much resistant the primary bearing should have it rolls smooth no rough spots but it does not free wheel at all and it really seams tight. secondary clutch spins all the time while in neutral. And also it has a clutch kit with team secondary RZR has around 450 miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I dont know if you took the primary off but mine did that when i was installing a clutch kit , i took the primary off again to find the problem and that fixed it , i think the front cover was in a bind so redoing it fix it, just make sure the primary cover is on right .

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My 2010 RZR S grinds the gears when I shift from park to reverse or from neutral to low or reverse took the cover and belt off today and was wondering how much resistant the primary bearing should have it rolls smooth no rough spots but it does not free wheel at all and it really seams tight. secondary clutch spins all the time while in neutral. And also it has a clutch kit with team secondary RZR has around 450 miles.
Thanks
I had this issue when i replaced the rapid reaction with a team secondary too, its the alignment of the secondary, you need to buy several shims from polaris and add enough to the shaft the secondary is on where the secondary stops as the motor reaches idle speed. Mine took a 32thou. shim added to the two that came on the shaft from the factory. do this and your problem will be fixed.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
When the clutches are aligned correctly, and your idling, should there be any belt drag?
No, the belt will spin free on the primary bearing at idle and the secondary will be stopped, sometimes if the idle is a little on the high side you will get slight creep but it would not amount to a full turn of the secondary and wont effect shifting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts