Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This from a friend. Any suggestions welcome!

Went riding today had a great time except for the fact that when I would come to a stop my 2015 Rzr s900 would die. I tried to restart and it wanted to lurch fwd and then died again. It seemed to me that it might have something to do with clutch releasing, but not sure exactly what it would be. Also, I couldn’t get it out of low until I turned it off. Started back up and worked fine. Brought it home started to put it in reverse and died again. Was finally able to get it in the garage. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
My guess would be a bad Primary bearing ... or any other of the parts RWB713 mentioned

Reactions: Denver

·
Super Moderator
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds very much like a sticking weight, slider, or corroded bushing in the primary clutch.
Referring to the one-way bearing/bushing?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
Referring to the one-way bearing/bushing?
Actually, just the spacer bushing under the moveable sheave, recently helped a guy figure that out, and he found that his was so caked with corrosion that the sheave wouldn't slide over it freely and end up binding up the sheave so it wouldn't open or close completely at times.

If the center bearing is bad, it's rare it will cause the primary to bind and stay engaged, which is what causes the machine to die. It will absolutely cause hard shifting, but the symptom of the machine dying and lurching on startup kinda points me away from it and toward one of the other binding possibilities. It's usually fairly apparent what's causing it to bind up once you start taking the clutch apart or looking at it closely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts