Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rzr is stock with 1000 miles and a ump. From a stop and mashing it full throttle im not getting the rpms it was before. If you start at a bottom of a dune you can hear the differance between this rzr and the other rzrs in our group. It will turn more rpms but you have to keep it wide open for a long spell and if you go up a dune the motor starts to bog down to around 5200 rpms.

I cleaned the primary clutch by taking it apart and blowing it out with compressed air. It ran great for maybe an hour and than back to the lower rpms.

Does it have to be cleaned every hour of riding? Nobody else in our group is having this problem.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The rzr is stock with 1000 miles and a ump. From a stop and mashing it full throttle im not getting the rpms it was before. If you start at a bottom of a dune you can hear the differance between this rzr and the other rzrs in our group. It will turn more rpms but you have to keep it wide open for a long spell and if you go up a dune the motor starts to bog down to around 5200 rpms.

I cleaned the primary clutch by taking it apart and blowing it out with compressed air. It ran great for maybe an hour and than back to the lower rpms.

Does it have to be cleaned every hour of riding? Nobody else in our group is having this problem.
Did you check your primary weights? Did you try a new belt?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
09 rzr s . Yes I jiggled and moved the primary wieghts and didn't notice anything wrong but I could be wrong but i figured if there was something wrong with them I would be turning to many rpms. I first changed out the belt with no change and then changed out the secondary clutch with a spare one we had with no change. Than we removed the primary and pulled it apart blow it out and ran it again and ran great. So I think the problem seems to be in the primary. Which part would keep the rpms lower and not higher? BTW I ride this rzr like I stole it! I am sure that its been hot.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Run it with the clutch cover off "in park" and see where your belt rides. Should float to the top on the primary and run to the bottom inside the secondary. Check for grooves. You could also remove the spring on the primary and put it back together to check it for smoothness, just slide it with your hands to see if it hangs up????. If 1 weight is bad it will lower the r's " I think"!
AND THIS IS A LONG SHOT....... are you getting full throttle?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Take the belt off and see if the bearing in the primary is easy to turn. Check the video link in my signature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will check the movement with the cover off and look for grooves. But what do you mean about the primary spring being smooth? Also is there a way to tell if it has been messed up by heat. I ride the living crap out of this rzr alot of full throttle trail riding.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Clean it! The weights sound like they are sticking? These clutches must be clean to work right and as hard as you ride it will get dirty fast! Check that the weights are free moving! Make sure to wash your belt before installing it as well and a scotch bright pad on the metal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts