Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My 2012 W/E rzr800 with a what should be real torquey 850cc N/A engine has been doing this since got the engine in the chassis. At fitter I had a TAGTEAM/Holz clutch kit in and was cutting out or hitting the rev limiter intermittently , so put stock clutching (stock has 62g weights) back in think theirs was to loose, stock clutch is better but still doing it. Thought maybe its just lean so got s PCV on still and after riding it yesterday s day for first time in many months still doing it, might just show 4800 or 5400 on tach, but think its bumpin rev limiter eratically.

Maybe the 68 gram weights weren't heavy enough to over come the stiff primary and stiff secondary springs with kit. Wonder if I try the 68gram weights with stock springs if it would tighten the clutching up ?

·
Vendor
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My 2012 W/E rzr800 with a what should be real torquey 850cc N/A engine has been doing this since got the engine in the chassis. At fitter I had a TAGTEAM/Holz clutch kit in and was cutting out or hitting the rev limiter intermittently , so put stock clutching (stock has 62g weights) back in think theirs was to loose, stock clutch is better but still doing it. Thought maybe its just lean so got s PCV on still and after riding it yesterday s day for first time in many months still doing it, might just show 4800 or 5400 on tach, but think its bumpin rev limiter eratically.

Maybe the 68 gram weights weren't heavy enough to over come the stiff primary and stiff secondary springs with kit. Wonder if I try the 68gram weights with stock springs if it would tighten the clutching up ?
Could be the dirt or clutch set up. I would be looking at what shift speed is

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

The bike was brand new with only 4 miles when put this engine in, trust me it ain't dirt.

I will say it fells gear lowered slightly compared to my wife's 09 rzr 800 and both have the same exact Polaris 14" wheel/bighorn tire kit on them.

Wife's 09 is stock (we bought it new) with only 2012head pipe-big gun slip on exh and uni filter. And stock clutching and is responsive right at stab of the throttle where it even will spin tires on asphalt slightly at the hit of throttle. Where as mind Wong engine reeves and it goes.

Also might mention hers is easy to take off from idle where mine ,still with stock clutching in, like revs few hundred Rpm's before it will move and just tame off then.

·
Vendor
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

The bike was brand new with only 4 miles when put this engine in, trust me it ain't dirt.

I will say it fells gear lowered slightly compared to my wife's 09 rzr 800 and both have the same exact Polaris 14" wheel/bighorn tire kit on them.

Wife's 09 is stock (we bought it new) with only 2012head pipe-big gun slip on exh and uni filter. And stock clutching and is responsive right at stab of the throttle where it even will spin tires on asphalt slightly at the hit of throttle. Where as mind Wong engine reeves and it goes.

Also might mention hers is easy to take off from idle where mine ,still with stock clutching in, like revs few hundred Rpm's before it will move and just tame off then.
Go read the shift speed tech article I just posted and tell me where your shift speed is

21 - 34 of 34 Posts