Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are changing your secondary clutch from the Rapid reaction type found in all 2011 , 2010 regular and S models or all post 10-2008 build date regular RZR models( does not include the 09S) to the older tunable Team Roller or installing a Dirty Dawg full kit this may save you some headaches. Some including me have had a problem with the secondary spinning constantly making shifting between gears very hard and even grinding gears. This is what i found to fix the issue. :ride:

You need to add one or possibly 2 more shim's to the secondary shaft, mine had 2 now it has 3. I had the issue while installing my full clutch kit from Dirty Dawg. I went thru weeks of adding and removing shims from inside the secondary cause Dale thought that was where the problem was, even tried a new belt but nothing helped. I found out from watching a you tube video of a upgrade being done to a ranger where the tech stated to add additional shims to the secondary's shaft to get the proper alignment. My secondary was always spinning and i could only shift if i turned off the motor. Once i added the shim, all was perfect, and still works perfect. Here is the video, it shows adding 2 extra shims for a ranger but i found 1 did the trick on my RZR, also note this video is made by Team Industries the people that build the clutch systems for polaris.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info.
The shims behind the secondary adjust the clutch alignment.
Shims inside the secondary would adjust the belt deflection.
Yes Dale seemed to think it was the belt was riding too high in the sheaves causing it to be too tight. Had i thought about it more this would not have made any difference being it would simply spin on the bearing. can you sticky this under barts clutch info?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.