Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just put 30 inch Zillas on the rzr i ride alot in mud. I was wondering what kind of clutch i should go with or leave it how it is?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would say your def. going to need a clutch kit w/ 30 inch tires or you will burn your clutch belt out regularly. Those big tires rob the machine of a lot of power w/stock setup. They have fixed cluth kits that are cheaper like epi or dalton. And they have adjustable kits you can change the weights around and achieve different clutch settings. The adjustable ones would be dirty dawg performance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Leave it alone. The kit wont help much unless you are running a heavier tire such as a Silverback or outlaw. I ran mine w/o a kit with 29-5 laws for about a year and never burned a belt. The zillas are just about the lightest tire you can run. Just run in low gear if you are traveling under 10 and you will be fine. I finally added an EPI kit after I put a 6" lift on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most of the time i keep it in low out at mudcreek unless we are on the powerline so i am never really ever going any faster then 20 mph anyways.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Us mudders ain't known for hauling butt! Yeah if u leave it alone you'll be fine unless u just want something to ease your mind.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
bone stock clutch for a year with 29.5 laws finally blew a belt 2 weeks ago. I ride in low 90% of the time. I ordered a green secondary for the time being.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts