Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their belt blow the cover apart?looking to replace the stock with a better one if there is one out there?
777D929D-96DF-4001-8CE3-385410035403.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
The cover is critical to the cooling of the belt. You can buy a kit that has a new cover, belt and intake tube that is an update depending on year etc. Install a belt temp gauge to know how hard you are working the belt. It will save you much grief.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cover is critical to the cooling of the belt. You can buy a kit that has a new cover, belt and intake tube that is an update depending on year etc. Install a belt temp gauge to know how hard you are working the belt. It will save you much grief.
I have razorback temp the whole sandblaster setup and blowhole with stm clutches fully aligned. Just deep snow works them so hard. The cover is so close to the clutches even with the stm spacers. Wanting something aftermarket with more space for air flow hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Report of the blowhole actual making belt temps higher by restircting air flow at higher RPM when it is needed most. Something to watch. Yes that deep snow put a real load on the belt. Had to be fun till the belt blew.

Reactions: 3_TurboSS_19

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I dont think there is a cover available like you are describing . Boondockers had a custom made metal cover but I am not sure if it is still made or would fit.
A good clutch fan definitely helps in the deep snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts