Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
This past weekend I got stuck in a small water hole. And had to be winched out. Problem is as my RZR sat in the water which really "wasn't" that deep only up to the cup holders in the floor. Once I got unstuck I couldn't move. Cause the belt had got wet. I ran the RZR in Neutral to dry the belt off which worked. Once I got home I tore the clutch cover apart insearch of where water would've got in. It looks like the water came in around the Primary clutch seal. I know someothers have ran into this problem but I'm interested in what to use to seal it.

Another thing, The vent for the belt (ON the back side of the cover) is hooked to another small vent tube. Is that for the Crankcase or Transmission?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
I sealed my backside cover with black silicone and used dielectric grease on the outter belt box seal along with the stock rubber gasket..not real sure what vent your talking about but there should be 3 vents behind the belt box... tranny,transfer case,rear diff...

·
Registered
458 Posts
for some reasons every rzr ive seen needs to be resealed on the rear clutch cover, just use some silicone on the back and the stock seal it usually ok but if you feel like it add some grease or silicone to it as well it just makes for a pain in the but to remove lol

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Good find, is the case damaged?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The case looks fine just where the case bolts too the engine there was allot of sealant lacking.

·
Banned
904 Posts
make damn sure you seal the secondary side as well....I forgot and my box got flooded from there. The seal doesnt do its job properly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts