Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend at the Ranch in southern MO. 6500 acres of mild to wild trails and water crossings. The stock RZR will go through 26" of water. Just don't stop forward travel! Met a ton of RZR owners. They really are the best guys on the trail. Seems like just one RZR owner riding with a group of 10 other ATV's makes the whole lot of them friendly and interesting. I wonder why that is? As a group, we decided to take on a trail that was we hillbillys call a level 5. It is a combination of factors. Steepness, traction issues, width, rocks, water, tree limbs etc. Definately would not want to tackle one on your own. If you break, you're done. But with 11 other guys and gals, you can relax knowing these guys will stick together to get 'er done. I only got a few pics of the rough stuff, cause I couldn't hold onto the camera and a beer and the steering wheel all at the same time. Something had to go, so it was the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am a member up at Cloud 9 Ranch....it is a Great place to ride...one of the Main reasons I bought a RZR....I will be up there for 4 days next month...Yep...a Lot of rzr's there and some great folks to ride with....and a great place to ride

Glad you had a good time

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a member up at Cloud 9 Ranch....it is a Great place to ride...one of the Main reasons I bought a RZR....I will be up there for 4 days next month...Yep...a Lot of rzr's there and some great folks to ride with....and a great place to ride

Glad you had a good time
Are you camping this weekend? We try to stay down at Wilder. PM me sometime and we'll try to hook up for a ride. I hope they get a light shower up there this Thursday to settle the dust some. Most of the ranch Roads got ridden pretty hard making the dust bad. We rode mostly moderately difficult trails that don't see the higher speeds, so they were OK dust wise.
Sure is a cool place with something for everyone!

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
I have heard of the place. What does it cost now? Use to be pretty high to be a member I think.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have heard of the place. What does it cost now? Use to be pretty high to be a member I think.
new membership is 2000.00

but you can find them for sell on cloud9ranch.net by members some as low as 700.00 bucks
yearly dues are around 350.00

·
Registered
154 Posts
No RMR Man I won't be there this weekend.....I am working the delta fair here in town selling BBQ.....but I will be up there for 4 days 16,17,18.19 this month......

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cloud 9 Ranch. Are the ranches in Missouri the same as the ones here in Nevada? I haven't heard of one here that has trails to ride. You lucky devils! You do have some awesome country back there. I bought my vette in Poplar Bluff and kinda wanted to just stay there for awhile.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yea up in MO.....6500 acres and around 250 miles of trails....everything from mud to hills and creeks...open roads and woods....fun place to ride and camp. I get up there as often as I can...Mega Motor Sports is a Polaris dealer in that area and they set up at the Ranch every major holiday and sell ATV's and side by sides....great folks to deal with....you can take demo rides on the machines....I drove a RZR and all but the crying then...traded in my Honda ATV ,,,never looked back

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where, exactly, is Cloud 9 Ranch?
It is in a little town called Caulfield. That is about 125 miles southeast of Springfield MO, or about 30 miles west of West Plains MO.
This is one of those places you dream about. They have their own fire dept, rangers for general law enforcement (which amounts to nearly no intervention unless it is absolutely necessary) 600? full service campsites a store, restaurant, adult clubhouse with wifi, fitness center, great cell service, gas station laundrymat, pools, tennis, shooting range & tons of stuff for the kids etc. It is really our own private town. Once you leave that area, you descend into your own little world of trails that suit everyone's skill level.
I've been to a lot of riding areas, and this is by far and away the coolest place there is for the family. I only live 45 miles away, so it is a breeze to load up and just go for the day. My brother was in from Reno last weekend, and we camped up there with my son. We couldn't leave the place on Sunday evening, 'cause we all knew we had to return to reality when we did. WOW!
Everytime we go, we meet a new group of people, from locals to far-awayers. Everyone is so laid back and relaxed that you just can't help but have a really good time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yep.....that's the place

·
Registered
9 Posts
We too are members of cloud 9 ranch!! Hi Pappy have seen you on cloud 9 forum. Cloud 9 is a wonderful place to ride, camp, and spend time with family and friends. Great people and lots to do. check out the website cloud9ranch.net Going this weekend will be in hill country, can't wait to get there.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cloud 9 Ranch. Are the ranches in Missouri the same as the ones here in Nevada? I haven't heard of one here that has trails to ride. You lucky devils! You do have some awesome country back there. I bought my vette in Poplar Bluff and kinda wanted to just stay there for awhile.
Heck of a drive for a Vette! Did you come from Nevada for it? My brother lives in Reno, and flew here just to ride (DRIVE) the RZR in the hill country here. Poplar Bluff is Nothing like the Ozark Mountain Area. That is aluveal delta country, this is mild to wild hills & streams. Like I said, I've been a lot of places, and this does not disappoint in anyway.
This particular place is a private member owned "Ranch". They do offer and promote horseback riding as well as ATV sports. In my lowly opinion, I feel many families have shifted to the ATV lifestyle, as it offers a lot more high spped excitement. And I think owning a RZR instead of a horse is probably cheaper in the long run! I'll throw a few more pics just to soothe you desert riders.:ride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Heck of a drive for a Vette! Did you come from Nevada for it? My brother lives in Reno, and flew here just to ride (DRIVE) the RZR in the hill country here. Poplar Bluff is Nothing like the Ozark Mountain Area. That is aluveal delta country, this is mild to wild hills & streams. Like I said, I've been a lot of places, and this does not disappoint in anyway.
This particular place is a private member owned "Ranch". They do offer and promote horseback riding as well as ATV sports. In my lowly opinion, I feel many families have shifted to the ATV lifestyle, as it offers a lot more high spped excitement. And I think owning a RZR instead of a horse is probably cheaper in the long run! I'll throw a few more pics just to soothe you desert riders.:ride:

Its not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair. . . .I wish there was a place like that around here. Looks like a lotta fun.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Awwwwwww, Man, I'm eatin my heart out here. That looks and sounds absolutely wonderful!
Yeah, I flew into St. Louis and they came and picked me up and took me down to Poplar Bluff. I drove it home from there, quite a trip, floods, rain, more floods and then snow all the way from Buffalo, WY to SLC, UT. They say vettes don't work in the snow. They're wrong. Even if I would have wrecked the pucker power would have held me in the seat. Kinda like drivin a RZR...... only not as much fun, heh, heh. Since I retired the wifey and I have been looking at real estate around Rodgers, Belle Vista and Bentonville, AR. We just might get a bit closer to your awesome riding.
Thanks for the info, quite enlightening, I must say.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Awwwwwww, Man, I'm eatin my heart out here. That looks and sounds absolutely wonderful!
Yeah, I flew into St. Louis and they came and picked me up and took me down to Poplar Bluff. I drove it home from there, quite a trip, floods, rain, more floods and then snow all the way from Buffalo, WY to SLC, UT. They say vettes don't work in the snow. They're wrong. Even if I would have wrecked the pucker power would have held me in the seat. Kinda like drivin a RZR...... only not as much fun, heh, heh. Since I retired the wifey and I have been looking at real estate around Rodgers, Belle Vista and Bentonville, AR. We just might get a bit closer to your awesome riding.
Thanks for the info, quite enlightening, I must say.

Caulfield, just looked it up on the map, I was almost there on my way home from Poplar Bluff. I went through W. Plains on the way back, then up through Springfield. My original plan was to go over to Belle Vista and that area to see some of the homes we had listings for. The weather canceled out that idea. Wow, the Ranch is really close to where we want to be! Hell, I'd a gone right through Caulfield, I'll bet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well the 2,000 is a one time fee...it is member owned....they deed you a acre of land....you can not build on it but you own part of the ranch...they annual fee is a Maintenance fee to help pay staff and maintain the ranch....a lot of up keep on a place that size....but it is worth every penny....5 camp grounds with full hook up....that's water sewer drop right on the site and electric....plus you can leave your camper there in storage for free....they have pullers....you call ahead and they will pull your camper out and set up on a site for ya...Great place to camp and ride....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts