Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on a ride yesterday I heard and slightly felt a clicking sound/vibration from the right front area. Only did it for a few minutes and stopped. It didn't do it again but wonder what it was. Anybody ever have this?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Hmmm, being an 2012 570, I wouldn't think a CV joint could be bad that soon, unless you have ridden it hard and far. Try backing up with the wheel turned all the way to the left, then the right. See if it happens then.
We once had a rock stick get caught up in the RF axle, and it sounded horrible for about 50 feet. Was on a debris free trail, must have picked the stick up earlier, and it just migrated there at a latter time.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did sound like there was a stick or something like that. It was a very rhythmic sound like when we used to put a playing card in our bike spokes. It quit after a few minutes. Never did it again the rest of the day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is my list of clicks I've fixed. Brakes (adjustable with wear), missing sway bar bushing, broken hub, broken CV joint. All separate instances and found while up on jack stands.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Mark, our stick incident was also very ryhthmic, and occured so suddenly. Ususally, but not always, when a part begings to go south, it starts off as a "what the hell is that noise, and it never gets any better. I would jack it up, remove the wheel and do a close visual inspection and rotate all of the drivetrain by hand to see if there is some trail debris hung up somewhere.
Post ride inspections on our RZR have produced rocks, sticks, plastic water bottles, beer cans, deceased minnows & crawdads. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did my post ride inspection and found nothing. I gues that's a good thing since the noise had already stopped. All looks good, if it happens again back to square one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts