Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2012 Rzr S, I went on a ride last weekend, hit a little mud, nothing major. Took it out sunday and I heard a type of clicking noise. I washed it last night thinking it may have been some dirt or rocks, but driving it last night slowly, the same clicking noise was still there. It sounds like it is coming from the driver side rear tire area. So I hop out and push the machine to try hearing exactly where it is coming from and can't hear anything. But as soon as I hit the gas to start going again it clicks. I know its not the motor. It runs fine and is normal. Just curious what this little clicking noise is? It is more annoying then anything. anyone know what it may be? I was thinkng bearing but, I would think it would click when rolling it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had the same thing on my 570. Had me worried for a few minutes until it just stopped and has never returned. I was riding some sandy trails and all I can come up with is maybe a stick in the wheel. Mine sounded like it was coming from the right front.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check your front drive shaft where it goes into the diff to see if its hitting The frame. My skid plate has bent down twice and let the driveshaft hit and make a clicking noise.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Take the wheel off then take the caliper off, then take the axle nut off and pull the hub out check bearing and check hub for cracks also check the cv joints

SENT FROM MY DROID

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input! I will have to check all these tonight. I had a roll over about two weeks ago, and fixed everything. Never made the noise the weekend after nor did it on last saturdays ride. Last saturday I took it very easy too. Hopefully it is a small issue.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had the standoff bolt on the exhaust on the drivers side lose the rubber pad and it rattled really bad. Might want to check that. It's on the "U" pipe up next to the air filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts