Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through. How do you disassemble the click six harness to slip the straps through the bezel?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it were that simple. The click six harnesses have inertia reels at the strap ends and GIANT buckles at the other. Neither fit through the seat bezels. It's the inertia reels that I will have to disassemble to make it work.

I was hopeful that the harnesses would work with the stock seats, since they are a Polaris option, but they don't.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Disconnect the four lower belts by sliding them back through the adjuster. Then the shoulder belt will slide through the bezel. A trick to making the belts easier to slide back through the adjuster: Cut the excess length off at a 45 degree angle, heat the end (heat gun or torch) to keep them from fraying. This makes slipping the belts through the adjuster a breeze. It takes me less than a minute to undo mine to remove my selts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Graniteguy, you saved me! BTW, nice seats!
RZR Joe, thanks for the input, but the buckle itself, even without the belts, is too big to fit through the bezel. I think you are thinking of the normal six point belts we have been using in Baja cars for many years. The click six belts are completely different. They have inertia reels at the end normally attached to the roll bar and three belts sewn onto a giant buckle, which is too large to fit through the bezel even if it didn't have belts sewn on.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Thanks Graniteguy, you saved me! BTW, nice seats!
RZR Joe, thanks for the input, but the buckle itself, even without the belts, is too big to fit through the bezel. I think you are thinking of the normal six point belts we have been using in Baja cars for many years. The click six belts are completely different. They have inertia reels at the end normally attached to the roll bar and three belts sewn onto a giant buckle, which is too large to fit through the bezel even if it didn't have belts sewn on.
Nope, mine are click six and fit through the bezel :grin

I should add I have a single wide bezel for both shoulder belts through my HSP seats

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have better seats with a wider bezel. Nice! I just have the stock RZR seats. I have Beards in a Chenowth that would work, but they are expensive. The RZR is mostly a "toy" the girls like to drive while we ride bikes in Baja, so I try not to spend too much money on it.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
You could just have them go around the outside of the stock seats, I did that until I upgraded seats.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Joe, that's what we are doing for now. But, we just returned from two weeks in Baja where the RZR was used daily, including a quick two hundred mile round trip to Mike's Sky Ranch, and the seat edges where the belts rub are already starting to wear. I think the solution is new seats like Graniteguy's or CNC some larger seat bezels from billet, which would probably run about as much as new seats.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks Joe, that's what we are doing for now. But, we just returned from two weeks in Baja where the RZR was used daily, including a quick two hundred mile round trip to Mike's Sky Ranch, and the seat edges where the belts rub are already starting to wear. I think the solution is new seats like Graniteguy's or CNC some larger seat bezels from billet, which would probably run about as much as new seats.
Good thing about my Hunter seats is the spool will actually fit through the seat,makes it pretty easy to get em in n out!

Sent from my SM-G975U using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through....
What bezels did you buy? I am just about to order everything to install Click Six for my car and am glad I found this thread. Will the harness fit through the hole you have to cut in the seat back? If so, what about splitting the bezel?
Jay

Edit: What about some help with those who have Click Six (e.g. @Greyhoundman, @BLOODY BILL, @AZRIDER82146, and @moore3cam )? What did you do about bezels?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They are from Dragonfire Racing, but don't buy them if you want to use them for your click six belts. They are too narrow to get the buckle or the inertia reel through. Braum sells bezels, but they look like they are too thick for stock RZR seats.
Polaris needs to step up and make sure their accessories work. The click six belts will quickly wear thorough the seat material . The only solution for stock seats is to pop rivet a plastic "wear" pad on the seat edges or fab a guide like RZR Joe's

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through....
What bezels did you buy? I am just about to order everything to install Click Six for my car and am glad I found this thread. Will the harness fit through the hole you have to cut in the seat back? If so, what about splitting the bezel?
Jay

Edit: What about some help with those who have Click Six (e.g. @Greyhoundman, @BLOODY BILL, @AZRIDER82146, and @moore3cam )? What did you do about bezels?
Well, no bezels for me. I have a loooong torso, and with the harness straps going over the top of the stock seat, they are still almost too low for me. Sorry I couldn’t help you on this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
AZ, definitely Something to think about.

JH Martin: You could saw through part of the Dragonfire bezels and spread them wide enough to force the buckle through. A fine band saw cut in the right place (think arch) would not show. You could also PROBABLY spread the opening cut in the seat wide enough to do the same. But, the Dagonfire bezels also place the belts too close together to allow free movement of the belts as they exit the inertia reel when using an Isota mounting bar.

I think RZR Joe might have the best stock seat solution in the above photo

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dog Runner: What harness bar are you using? The Isota bar puts the belts where they rub on the ridge at the side of the seat. This causes rapid wear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
...JH Martin: You could saw through part of the Dragonfire bezels and spread them wide enough to force the buckle through....You could also PROBABLY spread the opening cut in the seat wide enough to do the same....
If it's not too much trouble, would you please provide the dimensions of the buckle. I have reached out to Benchmark Performance about the size of their insert.
Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JH: The Benchmark inserts look like they MIGHT work! Even if the Click-six buckle won't fit through the bezel, a fine band saw cut will not show and will allow the bezel to be spread open sufficiently to allow the buckle (just the belt portion would have to pass through the cut) to pass through.
The Click-six dimension are: 1 3/4" thick (buckle) X 3 3/8 W" X 6" L. Keep in mind that the buckle is irregular shaped, kind of like a T bone steak, so that 6" dimension can be wiggled through a smaller opening, hopefully.
I am going to buy one and try it, then the rest if it works. Thanks big time for the find and let me know how it works for you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts