Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new 2017 Highlifter and a pair of Click 6 Harnesses. I soon discovered that the factory snorkels are in the way.

Screw that! I want those cool harnesses in my ride.

So I manufactured my own and I have extras for sale. No welding or painting involved. They bolt right in to the existing brackets and the snorkels stay put.

All hardware and shipping to the contiguous 48 states included. Very easy to mount.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It looks like I’m the first “customer” to try these out, so I thought I’d give my feedback on the installation of both Tim’s brackets and the Click-6 Harness.

As we all know by now, the Click-6 Harness doesn’t fit on a HighLifter without some kind of modification. You can do the Snorkel Relocation thing or try out Tim’s brackets. I chose to go the bracket mod as my wife doesn’t like the looks of the snorkel relocation. Obviously, I’ve got to keep her happy.

I did make a narrated video of the installation, however it seems I for got to turn my goPro microphone on, so, oh well.

The brackets themselves appear very sturdy and up to the job. They are well made and have a nice powder coated finish. I wish they came in orange (or red or blue), but I can live with black.

Harness Bracket 1.jpg

According to the Click-6 Harness directions, it should take about 30 minutes per harness for the install. Man, are they optimistic! It took me at least 4 hours, but then I DID have to do a number of steps twice.

The first step is to remove the seats, center console and the standard shoulder harnesses. Fairly straight forward, except some of the bolts were a bit “interesting” to get off. Let’s just say that hammers, multiple wrenches, bruised knuckles, cuts and scrapes were involved. Not a lot of fun, but I got the job done.

The installation of the brackets themselves was very easy. No “real” difficulties. There are two bolts to install for each bracket. I did snap the smaller bolt on the first bracket I tried installing. I guess I was a bit too enthusiastic. It’s a ¼ - 20 x 1” bolt, so easy to replace. I was a bit easier on the top / smaller bolts after that. i.e. Snug, but not torqued as hard as I could.

Harness Bracket 3.jpg

Once installed, the brackets looked quite substantial. I figured out at this time, naturally, that you can’t install the Click-6 retractable reels after installing the brackets. You HAVE to set them into the brackets before securing the brackets or you can’t get them in. Sigh. After the brackets were reinstalled, you could easily tighten the retract reels.

Harness Bracket 2.jpg

The rest of the Click-6 harness installation is not hard. Don’t forget to thread the harness brackets through the center console before you reinstall it, otherwise you get to do that again. (Sigh) Also, having extra / new plastic rivets is a really good thing.

Ok, thoughts on the brackets and how they work.

Good points: They are very sturdy and easy to install. They make for a clean look without changing the basic looks of the HighLifter.

Harness Bracket 4.jpg

Concerns: No real concerns about the quality of the brackets themselves. They are well made. In all the pictures of the Click-6 Harness installation, they show the shoulder straps coming up vertically from the retractors. With the bracket installation, they don’t come up vertically, but horizontally. Not sure if that will be a problem. The other concern is that the shoulder straps rub on the back of the seats. (Standard RZR seats.) I’m thinking about a way to have a “guide” put on the back of my seats to correct this. This should also raise the angle they come out of the retractors.

Harness Bracket 5.jpg

Overall, I’m pretty pleased with the brackets and the Click-6 Harness install. I haven’t had a chance to really use them much yet, so once I’ve done that I’ll update my review. So far, they seem to work very well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That last post was supposed to include pictures, still working on why it doesn't/:sad

Figured it out! :smile

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new 2017 Highlifter and a pair of Click 6 Harnesses. I soon discovered that the factory snorkels are in the way.

Screw that! I want those cool harnesses in my ride.

So I manufactured my own and I have extras for sale. No welding or painting involved. They bolt right in to the existing brackets and the snorkels stay put.

Check out my video!

All hardware and shipping to the contiguous 48 states included. Very easy to mount.
How do I go about getting a set of these brackets

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey all, I ran into manufacturing issues due to covid but I have a new batch of brackets for sale and I made a new video which I will post when I get back from Windrock on April 19th 2021. The cost for brackets for both driver and passenger seats is $175 which includes shipping in the lower 48.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts