Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant believe how restrictive they get! Az dust out really clogged mine. It felt so choked off and wouldnt go past maybe 6500rpm and belts temps were creeping higher. Going to look into a better solution cuz its crazy dusty here!

·
Registered
126 Posts
And this is what gets past the frog skinz in AZ dust
20180925_081028 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

I really like that flip up spare tire carrier. I've been looking at getting one. What make is that and who sells it? Apart from restricting the rear view mirror field, any change in riding characteristics from the extra weight higher up?

·
The Lone Rzr
2,095 Posts
I really like that flip up spare tire carrier. I've been looking at getting one. What make is that and who sells it? Apart from restricting the rear view mirror field, any change in riding characteristics from the extra weight higher up?
It's similar to the polaris one but I got one on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-19-Polaris-Razor-RZR-1000-XP-rear-spare-tire-mounting-rack-holder-frame/142108639357?hash=item211655c07d:g:f80AAOSwU-pXugMb
I think I paid $220.
I raised it up just high enough to fit in my trailer and open up my cooler.
Don't notice anything as far as driveability issues.
Being up high does let me see enough out the back

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's similar to the polaris one but I got one on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-19-Polaris-Razor-RZR-1000-XP-rear-spare-tire-mounting-rack-holder-frame/142108639357?hash=item211655c07d:g:f80AAOSwU-pXugMb
I think I paid $220.
I raised it up just high enough to fit in my trailer and open up my cooler.
Don't notice anything as far as driveability issues.
Being up high does let me see enough out the back

Thx for the info I'll check out eBay. I torn between you flip up tire mount versus the one where the tire sits horizontal just below the roof line.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,095 Posts
yep, a sheet of a/c filter you can get at walmart
You can't see but they're shaped to a V to fit inside.
I spray a little KN oil on them
Someone mentioned not to spray the clutch side because some oil might pass through with the dirt on to the clutches.
Haven't noticed that and haven't noticed any restrictions to the motor
It's not very dense material so I think it breathes well
If I know I'm going to ride in real dusty area I also put the foam shop vac filters around the air cleaner
Also not very dense material. Not much dirt gets to my air filter
20180925_081439 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added two re-0950 filters now! Rode in some serious dust and nothing. They flow about 650 cfm so should be fine. My question is does any body have any ideas on what to do with the 2nd cvt intake that looks clean? Also, I know the filters are on an angle but I liked the look better for some reason.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also for what its worth I saw no belt temp increase or loss of power. About 105 here and belt temps rarely saw 180.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts