Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2012 RZR 570
49 Posts
That's funny because I just had this same problem a few times on my 2012.

I think its because my battery either needs replaced or it just needs charged.

I took the coil off and it seemed to measure the correct ohms in the repair manual specifications.

I would jump start mine and then after accelerating it would just quit running.

I left mine idle for awhile to charge the battery up and then I ran the quad for a good 20 minutes and didn't have the issue.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 Ranger ETX with the code 0-1268-3 on the unit. From what I see here and understand this is "Short to ground" at the coil. Let me give you a little history, this unit has sat for a few years here in southeastern Texas, so a rat has chewed on the wires. The customer and I have both patched the wires with good soldering and heat shrink to help keep water and weather out. But since then we have had an issue with it running, we can get it started but when throttling up it dies. it will start again, but it is hard to get it to crank off. After a few tries it starts and idles. I have tried to get it to just idle also for a period of time but it will cut off and die after a few minutes. I haven't yet put my inline spark test on the spark plug wire, but will try that in the morning. Is there any other suggestions I should look at? Thank you for your time and help... ~TEK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts