Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Anyone planning on going to the Cinders over the Labor day weekend??
We are planning on being up there arriving early Sat and leaving late Monday. I think a couple of others are going up there also Dune Whisper and Brownale.

My wife has to work and I would like to leave on Friday night but I have never gone in through the crater area so I will wait until Sat.

Are you heading up there?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are planning on being up there arriving early Sat and leaving late Monday. I think a couple of others are going up there also Dune Whisper and Brownale.

My wife has to work and I would like to leave on Friday night but I have never gone in through the crater area so I will wait until Sat.

The plan is to head up Friday late afternoon from Phx, Two groups so far,2 Rhino's, 1 RZR and 4 quads.. Motor home with trailer and Gray duramax with gray toyhauler, come by for a ride or just to say hi..

·
Registered
738 Posts

The plan is to head up Friday late afternoon from Phx, Two groups so far,2 Rhino's, 1 RZR and 4 quads.. Motor home with trailer and Gray duramax with gray toyhauler, come by for a ride or just to say hi..
Any idea where you will be camping? I will be in a motor home with trailer, right now it is a RZR 4, 2 adult quads, 2 kids quads. If Dune Whisper is there he has a RZR and a motor home.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Any idea where you will be camping? I will be in a motor home with trailer, right now it is a RZR 4, 2 adult quads, 2 kids quads. If Dune Whisper is there he has a RZR and a motor home.
I will call my buddy later today to make sure of the camp spot and get back to you, I too have two small boys on quads and they (our friend's) have two boy's early teens.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I will call my buddy later today to make sure of the camp spot and get back to you, I too have two small boys on quads and they (our friend's) have two boy's early teens.
jogaca
I will PM you mine & Glenn's info. Send back you Cell. We had a good group on Memorial Day.
Steve

·
Registered
738 Posts
This will be youngest grandson's first ride on his Suzuki 80 he is 6 and his brother is 8 with a Yamaha 80.

My wife and I also ride quads.

·
Registered
242 Posts
We will be up hopefully fri afternoon...we camp at red bowl..... glenn i will let you know how it is ....

·
Registered
738 Posts
We will be up hopefully fri afternoon...we camp at red bowl..... glenn i will let you know how it is ....
Thanks I appreciate it,

Glenn

·
Registered
738 Posts
Oh I forgot key criteria for the location, a view of the southern sky. Barbara (the better half) will make me move if we can't pick up TV. Does anyone else have this problem:question:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where is cinders and what kind of riding is it?
The Cinders is a designated OVH riding area that is just north of Flagstaff AZ a couple miles.
It is totally unique as it is an area of old volcanos, the riding is on tiny black volcanic pebbles, most use paddle tires. It is at around 7000 to 8000 feet in elevation with alot of pine tree's and scrub brush. Perfect for the summer time fix for the Glamis dune junkie. Cool weather, bowls, hillclimbs longer than any at Glamis.
Check out the link at dunereview.com they have great pic's and description's of lot's of dune area's
Load up and road trip to a new place thats way different, there will be a lot of people there.

The Cinders OHV Area, Flagstaff, AZ Page 1 Pictures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts