Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

chime in....

915 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rardoin 
#1 ·
Chime in if you have bought a new razor and then replaced the shocks with high dollar ones.

I am JUST ON THE VERGE of doing it, but damn, it is hard to unleash that kind of money without really knowing just how much the difference in new shocks will be over the new sachs ones.

Is it going to be like from going from dark to daylight? Part of me just wants to get the springs, but the other part of me is like, "do it right and buy it once."

Anyone have any insight on what it is like going from a new sachs to a new high dollar shock? Is the difference THAT dramatic?

For the price of shocks, I could buy a lot of other things and I just want to be as sure as I can be that I am doing the right thing first.

#3 ·
Well I was in the same boat about a month ago and here is my decision..I bought Fox Shocks..This is why

Mine started squeaking really badly and I could not get them to quit no matter what I did..I also read up here that people are getting a max of 600 miles out of the sache shocks before they just quit, with or without springs..I bought the shocks and took it to the dealer to get some warranty work done and they had to ride it to get it to repeat the problem and when I got it back two of my shocks were obviously leaking and my ride has obviously gotten worse..

So besides a crap dealer I was glad I had bought the fox shocks..I have not got them yet do to another long story but when I do if you havent got yours I will let you know how the ride differs

#4 ·
No matter what you do to the sachs shock set up you are pouring good money after bad. When the sachs shocks are new they dont ride bad as long as you dont ask much from them. They are a cheap shock period. The springs on them are total junk. If they dont break , alot do in the first few hundred miles, they will start to sag very quickly. I like everyone else that had /has these faced the same issue as you. I hated to spend 1500 on shocks as there were alot of things that seemed more appealing to me that I wanted. After breaking a spring at 350 miles ,which the dealer wouldn't replace under warranty, I went ahead and bought a set of walker Evans . It is truely night and day difference. You also have the ability to adjust the ride to different conditions which is a big plus also. I have put over 1200 miles on the Walkers and they still work and perform great. Even my wife liked them after giving me the LOOK when I bought them after 1 ride she commented about how much better and more comforatable it rode. shop around and possibly find a used set. They usually don't come up much for the standard or the S but sometimes they do. If not go for a new set of something better. You won't regret it.

#5 ·
king progressive springs on AFCO MT2's and now AFCO Silver Series....night and day difference in ride/handling. Cost a bunch but I destroyed the bump stops in my 2010 50" RZR first ride and knew the stock stuff would not hold up to my riding style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.