Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the UTV giant center seat, bought it when my son was 3 and he is 5 now. Works good and I wouldn't do anything different, like buying a 4 seater! I also put it in the foot rest for him. The wife doesn't ride as much as she used to so now he will take her seat with his booster seat and the middle seat becomes a nice arm rest. Even when it is the 3 of us we still are comfortable and he likes it because it elevates him enough to see over the dash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Excellent points again. Here's the deal it doesn't appear that many buy these to keep more than a few yrs anyway. I figure when my boy is to big for the middle in 3-5 yrs. He will prob want his own quad anyway and if not i'd like to have an enduro so he mom and roll in the rzr. With a 2 seater I can fit a bike and a quad in my toyhauler. With a 4seater I may or may not be able to squeeze a bike in.. the next question is should I do a bench or bump seat. Bump has better visibility but will probe only be usable for a couple of yrs

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on one, my daughter loves riding around in my lap but that is just up and down the alley very slow with helmets on!! We are not big people so we will get a lot of years out of it she is two now and no way can you run a 4 seater where I ride

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 7 year old still uses his center jump seat with 5 point harness. At 5 years old I made a footrest for him in the cup holder and now he can keep his feet on the floor. Works great for us.
@Radiogeek where did you get your 5 point harness bump seat? I've been searching for months and can only seem to find 4-point harnesses and I want more than that for my grandbaby. LOL

·
Registered
613 Posts
I tried the bump seat and my son wouldnt ride in it when he was 3 he is 5 now and just rides in the passenger seat with me. I'm sure some ppl are going to say I am a terrible person but I know I'm not the only one doing it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just wanted to follow up after 4('ish) years of having the middle jump seat with a PRP 4-point click-harness. Our oldest is now 5, last weekend she had the option of riding in the middle of Grandpa’s Ranger (no jump seat) but she didn’t hesitate to choose her own RZR jump seat — she still loves it. And when she isn’t riding the height of the jump seat makes a nice cushy arm rest LOL. However, I have recently discovered the first thing I don’t like about it. My 5 year old battery needed replaced and I had to unbolt the middle seat to get to the battery tie down bolt in my 900 XC. It took an extra 10 minutes to change the Battery out LOL

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I took my Jump seat out yesterday. Had it for 4 years, my youngest just turned 9 and she’s way too big. Took the kids on many long rides and worked great but it was really cramped with a kid in the middle and the seat belts drove me nuts. Just a lot of clutter but I’d definitely worked and I felt completely safe with her in it. I’m 6’ 175lb.

I upgraded my seats to PRP and the bump wouldn’t fit. It was being removed regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Safety of the passengers should be the primary criteria. Many states have regulations regarding passenger limits, i.e. no more than designed by the manufacturer. We have all seen single up quads with two people, with or without an added “seat” position. Have even seen SxS with a bolted in jump seat high in the bed of the SxS. Not safe or legal in my opinion. 4-seater or two machines is a better choice in my opinion. So, based on your question of this thread, I wouldn’t recommend it. Asking others that are doing it is a search for justification to do something that you know isn’t right, else you wouldn’t of asked the question. Use common sense and be safe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’ve used a bump seat for a few seasons with no issues. I feel they are safe. I don’t drive as aggressively with my little one with us. The arm rest is great when she is not with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
The UTV Giant bump seat bolts to the frame and uses a 4-point harness secured to the roll cage. IMO it is more than safe enough. Our daughter was in a chest carrier on my wife’s chest until about 18 months then moved into the bump seat and she’s 3 now and loves it. When our 8 month old son is ready for the bump seat our daughter will move to a back seat.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts