Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home made clutch puller I am sure a bunch of people already did this thought i would post it with a pic in the how to section. Not sure if the same puller works for all years but mine is a 2010 RZR 4.

Clutch Puller
1. Bolt 3/4" X 2 1/2" long 16 thread count (fine thread)
2. 5/8" X 3 1/2" long piece of 5/8" solid stock. I used a 6 1/2" 5/8" bolt and cut the head off and threads off had them both at work. worked perfect :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stupid question, metric right?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid question, metric right?
No standard Bolt 3/4" x 16 thread count (Fine thread) I think coarse thread would be 3/4" X 10 thread count

·
The Beast
336 Posts
How did you mount the rod to the bolt?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Home made clutch puller I am sure a bunch of people already did this thought i would post it with a pic in the how to section. Not sure if the same puller works for all years but mine is a 2010 RZR 4.

Clutch Puller
2. 5/8" X 3 1/2" long piece of 5/8" solid stock. I used a 6 1/2" 5/8" bolt and cut the head off and threads off had them both at work. worked perfect :)

Oh, that looks familiar. Good job, even if I so say myself :))

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it true the the 2009 RZR "S" model requires a smaller clutch puller? Like a 14mm puller instead of the 19mm puller on the other RZR models? Sort of confusing why Polaris only did this on the 2009 RZRS...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Clutch Puller

[/QUOTE]

Can I see what it look's like, your photo is not available. I would like to make one. Thanks
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi guys
do anyone know if this will work on 2013 razor s 800. I need to silicone the clutch housing at the motor and tranny.
thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
hi guys
do anyone know if this will work on 2013 razor s 800. I need to silicone the clutch housing at the motor and tranny.
thanks
Buy the actual tool. I have seen people use these tools and have them fail more than once and end up breaking inside the primary clutch causing quit a bit of damage. I spent the $ yesterday and ordered the correct tool. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Im with Eric on this one. I bought the actual tool for $25 and now have piece of mind that Im not going to damage anything by trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I used a rubber mallet and she popped right off lol. Maybe I had good luck but it seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
just did homemade job with 3/4" fine thread and spacer. held clutch with one hand and used ratchet with other and was able to get clutch off with no prob. bike is only a week old so maybe that's why it came off fairly easy. thanks for all the info..:ride:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts